Complaint Review: Toshiba Canada

• Updated: Tue, December 23, 2008

• Reported By:Windsor Ontario
Toshiba Canada
191 McNabb St. Markham, Ontario Canada

Toshiba Canada DO NOT BUT TOSHIBA - my 62HMX84 DLP TV is junk, and they won't stand behind it Markham Ontario Canada

In May of 2005 I purchased a new Toshiba 62HMX84 62" DLP TV for approximately $3,500. Now, just 3.5 years later, it needs a new light engine, which is going to cost over $500. I'm also on my third $200 lamp, but that's another story...

I've spoken to three different people (at Toshiba Canada), and got nowhere with any of them. The "customer service" rep I spoke with was actually rude to me. Bottom line - they won't do anything. The TV is out of warranty, so basically I'm screwed. If I get the repair done, that will bring the cost of ownership for this TV to about $1,000 per year for the time I've had it. This is ludicrous and totally unacceptable, but Toshiba DOES NOT CARE!

Looking back on my 8 year history with Toshiba products, I realize I've had problems with ALL of them. First was a 55" HD rear-projection unit which crapped out after about 4.5 years, requiring a repair that would have cost more than the set was worth at that point. I have purchased 3 Toshiba DVD players (since 2000). The first one lasted only a year. The other two work but are very frustrating to use, because there is a LONG delay after pushing a button on the remote before anything actually happens. Same thing if you press a button on the unit itself - LONG delay before anything happens.

Bottom line: DO NOT BUY Toshiba products! They are unreliable, and customer service does not exist. They DO NOT CARE! The store I bought the TV from is not going to bat for me either, but that will be dealt with in another post, after (if?) I get this thing fixed.

I will NEVER buy another Toshiba product, period. Enough is enough!

Windsor, Ontario

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2008 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba-Canada/Markham-Ontario-L3R-8H2/Toshiba-Canada-DO-NOT-BUT-TOSHIBA-my-62HMX84-DLP-TV-is-junk-and-they-wont-stand-behind-404342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba Canada