Complaint Review: Toshiba Computer

• Submitted: Tue, December 02, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 02, 2008

• Reported By:Bentonville Arkansas
Toshiba Computer
http://explore.toshiba.com/laptops Irvine, California U.S.A.

Toshiba Computer Toshiba Junk Dont Buy Irvine California

*Consumer Comment: Where is the ripoff? Toshiba laptops have a 1-year parts & labor warranty.

Purchased a Satellite A75-S231 around April of 2005, and thought I had a good system for my needs. Had overheating and shutoff problems from the beginning. Had it repaired numerous, numerous tiles and kept getting sent back to me with same problem.
Called in 2006 and was told I was out of warranty, even though they had 3 class action suits against that they neglected to notify me of they gave the Garden City Group the wrong email address on me..It has been nothing but a pper weight since warranty run out. And I also was fighting for my life having 3 open heart surgeries.
I called Tech support today, December 2008, to try to work out something fair for both of us. Was referred to Garden City Group who handled lawsuits and was told they couldn't help me even though they were supplied with false email address. When I asked to talk to tech to find out what I need to tell repair man they said it would cost me $45 and to send it in for repair was $435. I was then told again there was nothing they could or would do or willing to do. Was then told I could talk to a a supervisor. The supervisor who was of no assistance and when I asked to talk to her supervisor was informed that the person did not exist at that location. I was also told that they only had an address to reach the supervisor, no phone number available. All this new aggravation when all I wanted was them to make it right for the $1300 laptop I had purchased, so I cant get it fixed my computer is nothing more then a expensive paperweight.
Honest assistance instead of just taking people's hard earned money does go a long way. They are aware of the problem and should make it right with me, not just look to make even more money off of people who purchased a product in good faith.
- Oh by the way I have over 15 years of customer service and have never treated anyone like this - nor was it the policy of any company I worked for to handle people in any way but professionally. They are a ripoff and should not be allowed to make and sell computers.

Bentonville, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2008 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba-Computer/Irvine-California-92618/Toshiba-Computer-Toshiba-Junk-Dont-Buy-Irvine-California-396993. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba Computer

Where is the ripoff? Toshiba laptops have a 1-year parts & labor warranty.

AUTHOR: Wilson - (U.S.A.)

What does three class action lawsuits against Toshiba have to do with your broken laptop? Nothing. The lawsuits against Toshiba are for what issues? Toshiba is a global company involved with manufacturing consumer products, business products and industrial products.

If you had not purchased an extended warranty through a third-party company, then you are not entitled to repair services past the manufacturer's 1-year parts and labor warranty. I checked toshibadirect.com, and their standard warranty for parts and labor is for one year.

I do not understand why would a Toshiba customer service representative refer you to The Garden City Group, a company that administers services for class action settlements, as the referral does not solve the laptop repair issue.

What does having had three open heart surgeries have to do with a laptop computer not working? Nothing.

You called tech support (Toshiba ?) in December 2008, to try to work out something fair for both of us? What does that mean "fair for the both of us"? Toshiba does not need anything from you.

Your laptop stopped working after the manufacturer's 1-year warranty and you did not want to pay the $45 for shipping and $435 for repair. Plain and simple.