Complaint Review: Toshiba Corporation

• Updated: Mon, June 16, 2014

• Reported By: shields1847 — Tempe Arizona
Toshiba Corporation
9740 Irvine Boulevard Irvine, California USA

Toshiba Corporation Asking for $25 to cover shipping to repair broken 1 month old laptop that is defective from purchase. Irvine California

After purchasing an E45T-A4300 Satellite laptop from bestbuy a month ago on 10/2013 I started having issues with the touchpad. After several weeks of troubleshooting I came to the conclusion that it is a hardware issue, I was able to conclude this due to my background working in IT. After contacting customer support on 11/20/2013 I was told to reinstall windows which I did, the issue continued on 11/21/2013. After spending 1.5 hours on the phone on 11/21/2013 I was refused to speak to a supervisor by technical support until I threatened to hang up and call again. I was connected with "Jonel" and given the case number 131121-001527. Jonel stated that I would have the laptop repaired under warranty and sent to me. After receiving the email with return information I was informed that it would cost $25 for shipping costs. I called customer service escalation and "Chance" informed me that there was nothing he could do about the shipping costs and was rude about it, I explained to him that the laptop was not functioning the way it should be from the date of purchase and that it was unfair for them to charge me anything beyond what I paid to have the laptop returned to me in working condition. I informed him that I would contact the BBB because of this and he told me "Good luck". I should not have to pay shipping fees to get a laptop that I bought a month ago that was not working when I initially bought it to be repaired and sent back to me, they sold me a faulty product and are charging me money for shipping to fix it. I am a college student and need a laptop for my studies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2013 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba-Corporation/Irvine-California/Toshiba-Corporation-Asking-for-25-to-cover-shipping-to-repair-broken-1-month-old-laptop-1101250. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba Corporation