• Report: #619723

• Submitted: Fri, July 02, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, July 02, 2010

• Reported By: Brooke — Reston Virginia United States of America
Toshiba Direct

Toshiba Direct did not pre-install purchased software, disk not provided, no resolution Internet, Internet

I purchased a customized laptop from Toshia Direct and I also purchased Microsoft Office 2007 Professional (MS Office) to be pre-installed.  I received the Product Key, not the disk, and MS Office was NOT installed.

I called Toshiba Technical Support, after speaking with 6 people - I was instructed to do a factory reset.  Problem not solved.  I was then instructed to call Sales, called the representative who customized the laptop at point of sale, he ensured me that he would contact me the following week to resolve the problem.

I did not receive a call back the following week and have called the sales representative leaving two messages without a call.  I called Toshiba Customer Service that instructed me to bring the laptop to an Authorized Dealer.  I called the Authorized Dealer who instructed me that there would be a charge for software issues.  I call Toshiba Customer Relations, explained my situation.  I was told that Toshiba's warranty does not cover software and I reminder them that it is not a software issue as I don't have the software.  I asked for the disk and was told 'No' and I asked for a refund on the software and I was told 'No'.

I have spent a total of 8 hours on the phone with Toshiba and was not provided with a resolution.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2010 11:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba-Direct/internet/Toshiba-Direct-did-not-pre-install-purchased-software-disk-not-provided-no-resolution-I-619723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba Direct