Complaint Review: Toshiba Televisions

• Submitted: Tue, December 30, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 30, 2008

• Reported By:VANCOUVER Washington
Toshiba Televisions
toshiba.com NEW YORK, New York U.S.A.

Toshiba Televisions Poor Warranty NEW YORK New York

I purchased a 42" Toshiba LCD on January 20th, 2008. The television developed a problem in October of 2008. I called and emailed on the 20th of October and then the saga began. I have spoken to and have been in touch with numerous Toshiba "customer support" people since October and was finally told, after I contacted them, in December of 2008 that the model (42HL67US) was out of production and that the needed part was not available. The last week of December I received a phone call and was offered a 40" replacement model (40RV525).

The replacement offered is not only 2" smaller and $100 less expensive, but only has 30 day warranty. I called and informed them that this was not acceptable.

I did some research and found out that a 46" (46RV530U) is being offered online by Walmart for less than I paid for the original television and yet was told that I was not eligible to upgrade screen size through my warranty (obviously I am eligible to be downgraded)! I am waiting for the next word, but I have very little faith that things will be made right and my warranty period will be over shortly. Buy Toshiba again? I do not think so.

Butch
VANCOUVER, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2008 11:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba-Televisions/NEW-YORK-New-York-10020/Toshiba-Televisions-Poor-Warranty-NEW-YORK-New-York-406522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba Televisions