Complaint Review: Toshiba

• Reported By: DisgruntledInFlorida — Ocala Florida United States of America
Toshiba
82 Totowa Road Wayne, New Jersey United States of America

Toshiba laptop nightmare Wayne, New Jersey

I bought a Toshiba laptop 4 months ago. The hard drive crashed (which I know NOW is commonplace) so I brought it back to BestBuy to have it repaired under the warranty. I am informed then that it will cost $99.99 to have my data transferred to the new hard drive - I'm okay with that. The nightmare begins when I have to contact Toshiba for a recovery disk that should have been included with the purchase of the computer in the first place. Not only is it going to take 5-10 business days to get here, but I have to pay $24.95 for a "free" disk. Still, I can accept this.... until they charged me FOUR times for this "free" CD while telling me that the transaction would not process. I switched cards, and the next one was charged TWICE. This "free" CD has now made it up to $150. After an hour's worth of chasing my tail with Toshiba representatives, they assured me that the transactions had been canceled. My distrust of the situation and lack of faith in the customer service prompted me to follow up with my bank, who informed me that every last one of the transactions were indeed pending approval by the bank and had not been canceled.

Eventually, five of the transactions were reversed after my bank got involved. Yet amazingly, Toshiba still found it acceptable to charge me full price for the "free" disk. On top of that I am reading all of these scary reports about the same thing happening to other unassuming consumers who's frustrations are furthered when the "free" disks either don't work or completely destroy their computers.

In my book, Toshiba officially sucks and I will NEVER purchase another product from them nor would I suggest their products to anyone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2011 07:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba/Wayne-New-Jersey-07470/Toshiba-laptop-nightmare-Wayne-New-Jersey-756489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba