Complaint Review: Toshiba

• Submitted: Mon, March 26, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, March 26, 2012

• Reported By: time waster — el cajon California USA

Toshiba If Toshiba can't match the correct memory module to the Satellite P35-S605, they shouldn't make their customers pay to ship it back!" Internet, Internet

I wanted to upgrade the RAM on my old laptop (Satellite P35-S605).

I figured the Internet Explorer default homepage, "www.toshibadirect.com" would know best.
Memory finder recommends Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333MH.  2 gigs! OK! $20.99 for module, $9.99 for shipping.

I receive the module within a couple days. No complaints there!  The problem is that it doesn't even physically fit.

I go back into website to double check. Find a negative review on same module that doesn't fit in the Satellite A75-S2112. Different model?

Realize that Toshiba doesn't even know their own product.  Trying Memory-Up.com now....Hopefully don't have to report on them too.

Called in to Toshiba customer service to return module.  Rep wants to send me to Tech Support. " What are they going to do?" I ask. So instead, she sends email with return auth. # to enclose in package.  I go to UPS to return package and they charge me $8.81.  I call back cust. service asking if they'll credit my account with the shipping charges.  They say no.  I ask to speak to a supervisor reminding him that they are the ones that sent the wrong module which their records indicate is compatible with my laptop.  He also says no.

I realize it's their return policy.   But when these big companies can't even budge on $8.81, I doubt I'll be returning to their website to purchase a new laptop in the future.  Or anything else.....for that matter!

Way to go Toshiba! Lost another one!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2012 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba/internet/Toshiba-If-Toshiba-cant-match-the-correct-memory-module-to-the-Satellite-P35-S605-they-859682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba