Complaint Review: Toshiba

• Submitted: Tue, December 21, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, December 21, 2010

• Reported By: zetch — richmond Internet United States of America

Toshiba refuses to do warranty work within a reasonable amount of time , Internet

I have had my Toshiba laptop for 9 months and have had several issues with it. Most recently the laptop likes to randomly power down for no reason.

It is still technically under warranty so I called them to find out how to get it repaired. They said that the only option I have is to send it in to their "repair depot" and that I would have to do without having my computer or a replacement for 1 to several months as they are currently behind on repairs.

I found out that there is a repair shop about 5 blocks from my house that is authorized to do repairs by toshiba. When I called this place they said that I would have to call toshiba back to get an exception number from them so they could do the warranty work. When I called Toshiba, they absolutely refused to give me this number and were quite rude about it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2010 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba/internet/Toshiba-refuses-to-do-warranty-work-within-a-reasonable-amount-of-time-Internet-673896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba