Complaint Review: Toshiba

• Updated: Wed, August 27, 2008

• Reported By:St. Paul Minnesota
www.toshibausa.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Toshiba 50HP66 Nationwide

We've had the same issue twice with our Toshiba 50HP66.

We picked our first one up in Nov. 2006, a Black Friday sale for $1,699.00.

That one went out in Feb. of 2007 and the Best Buy guy said that was the first time he has ever seen that. They replaced the TV. We asked about the extended warranty and since it was quite expensive, the guy said not to worry about it as it was probably a fluke.

The second TV went black today, Aug. 27, 2008.

Based on what I'm reading about Toshiba and Best Buy, I'm guessing I may be S.O.L.

While I have not had it diagnosed, I'm going under the assumption that the issue is with the same LG board that everyone else is dealing with.

Since I still have the box and packaging, I will hold on to the tv in case something happens down the road.

I will not buy a Toshiba again.

St. Paul, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2008 08:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba/nationwide/Toshiba-50HP66-Nationwide-367663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba