Complaint Review: Toshiba

• Updated: Tue, December 11, 2007

• Reported By:haverhill Massachusetts
Nationwide U.S.A.

Toshiba Stay away from Toshiba Notebook / Laptops Nationwide

I purchased a Toshiba Notebook / Laptop L35-S2194 in January of 2007 (It came with a 1 year warranty) by March all USB ports stopped working. Called customer service center and they told me they could not help me I had to bring it to a local service center. Several months later the left hinge broke -The laptop is used lightly. How could they just break? Again called customer support. They said they did not know the part numbers and again they said my only option was bring it to a local service center. Having no choice brought the laptop to the local service center. The service center said it would be $95 just to tell me my laptop hinges are broken. I already knew that!!

I called Toshiba again and they said they cannot help me, I tried 3 times to get the part or part number from Toshiba. I have a laptop sitting here that I cannot use because I refuse to pay $95 dollars for the service center to tell me that i need a hinge. I already know that the hinge is broke. I have called 5 different Toshiba authorized parts sellers and they all can't find the hinge part numbers and cant help me out and they all directed me to call Toshiba again. I am not the only one that has this problem with Toshiba hinges.

Toshiba and the service center said the hinge is not covered by the 1 year warranty.

Now i have a laptop with non working USB ports and a broken hinge.

Stay away from Toshiba Notebook / Laptops they will not warranty the items. They give you the run around.

haverhill, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2007 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba/nationwide/Toshiba-Stay-away-from-Toshiba-Notebook-Laptops-Nationwide-290502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba