Complaint Review: Total Card (Plains Commerce Bank)

• Submitted: Tue, February 15, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, November 10, 2006

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Total Card (Plains Commerce Bank)
Nationwide U.S.A.

Total Card (Plains Commerce Bank) ripoff, fraud area code 507 Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: I thought this program was no longer being offered

*Consumer Comment: I had a great experience with them

I open a account with Total card online. They will just mail you the card with a balance of like 250.00 with no paper work to sign.

I never activated the card. So one day my phone rung and it was Total card asking me to make a payment and I did ... I thought this was my other major card. They said I would have to pay the 250.00 on the account that is like a membership fee I post dated a check.
Then I called and cancel the check and got a cancellation # and I did another payment on another account.

They took the money out of the acct# that I cancelled.. they got the money out left my acct neg. With other things coming in bouncing. I called and spoke to a Mr Strass who tried to be very rude and nasty about it at first..

He said he was a manger he restated my checking account# for both accounts. That lets me know they keep your account numbers.He said he would investigate this matter.
I went into my bank and did a statement of forgery and I faxed a copy of my statement to Mr.Strass letting him know what account it came out of since he argued that with me over the phone.

On my bank statement where they took out that money they did not provide their companys name.It just said with drawl.Later the bank told me who it was,Total Card.I had no money in my account, no money in my pocket for lunch, my check where bouncing.

I told Mr Strass I did not want this account and he said what if its your banks fault..I said I will deal with them.He said he will cancel the account and I will get a refund check on 02/22/05 they mail the checks out on fridays.

How ever my bank and I are disputing this there were to many funny things they said there was a robert my husband on the account my husband is name Mark and he is not on none of my accounts. Mr. Strass said they do not do Ach and he will have to find out more.

Hopefully my bank will have my money back in there in a matter of days. Before my direct deposit from my job. My cell phone bill is ran up from calling JEFF STRASS. After I faxed over my statement and called him back he begin to be a little nicer but Im so dang upset I dont care how he act. What should I do further about this matter.

Chanda
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2005 03:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Total-Card-Plains-Commerce-Bank/nationwide/Total-Card-Plains-Commerce-Bank-ripoff-fraud-area-code-507-Nationwide-131481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Total Card (Plains Commerce Bank)

I thought this program was no longer being offered

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

I, opened a plains commerce account 02/05 I had no problems I always made my payments ontime with one time being late which was 05/05, I had no problems until I had a unauthorize charge 12/16/2005. I, sent In the required information that I contacted the merchant & the merchant failed to reverse the unauthorize charges I disputed with plains commerce bank, & plains commerce bank said I never sent in the required information, & plains commerce bank closed the dispute!. 6 months, after the dispute plains commerce bank closed my account I only had the card from 02/05-05-06, I got a letter saying this program was no longer being offered.

How, can people continue to say plains commerce bank is so great if this program is no longer being offered!, I only got $100 refunded from the $250 they charged my account when I opened it, plains commerce refunded the $150 to the balance but my account was closed so I could not use the credit!. Plains commerce bank, is a rip-off they closed my account only after I had this dispute problem!. I will never use one of these cards again, no matter how many positive response say about plains commerce bank!.

I had a great experience with them

AUTHOR: Kennen - (U.S.A.)

I read a lot of nasty stuff about Plains Commerce as it pertains to a credit card for people with damaged credit. I thought I should share my experience. Twice now I have had to work with them to resolve issues with my account. Both times the issues were my fault. In both cases, they called me back promptly, were very friendly and helpful and worked to solve the issues. From my perspective, if you are looking for a credit card when your credit isn't in the best of shape, customer service needs to be taken into account. These guys are good.