Complaint Review: Total Dental Administrators

• Submitted: Tue, January 29, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 29, 2013

• Reported By: Steel — Draper Utah United States of America
Total Dental Administrators
6985 Union Park Center Suite 675 Utah Cottonwood Heights, Utah United States of America

Total Dental Administrators TDA Insurance Frauds. Only Offered To Pay $120 of two separate Pre Authorizations that were above $1200 For Cracked Teeth. Cottonwood Heights, Utah

My wife and I currently use Total Dental Administrators for our Dental Insurance. I have recently had my front teeth slowly cracking over the past couple years to which my Dentist said I will need them fixed or I will lose them. All four cracks were documented with Pictures and sent to TDA for pre Authorization two separate times. Both Authorizations were above $1200 that they said they would cover based on the dentists recommendations and Images sent. After the procedure was finished and Insurance Billed to TDA Total Dental Administrators, we received a claim saying they would only pay $120 for an over $3000 procedure that they pre Authorized twice at over $1200. We pay our Dental Insurance so that we can use it in times like these where it was absolutely without a doubt to my dentist a Must do procedure. I think that TDA needs to put better regulation on their pre-auths and follow through on what they are responsible for paying because we pay them every month for their insurance. I will not go back to TDA Total Dental Administrators and recommend anyone looking into dental insurance to see this and think twice before using TDA.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Total-Dental-Administrators/Cottonwood-Heights-Utah-84047/Total-Dental-Administrators-TDA-Insurance-Frauds-Only-Offered-To-Pay-120-of-two-separat-1005532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Total Dental Administrators