Complaint Review: Total Home Exteriors TRUSTED BUSINESS | Ripoff Report Verified Safe™ …businesses you can trust. Total Home Exteriors Offers Denver Roofing, Siding, Gutters & More For Total Home Restoration.Total Home Exteriors provides complete experience of exterior renovation project while doing it right the first time! Total Home Exteriors, all-in-one business offering roofing, siding, replacement windows, Total Home Exteriors provides services customers need.

• Submitted: Tue, October 16, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, April 14, 2015

• Reported By: franktjohnson — overland park Kansas United States of America
Total Home Exteriors , Mike Rimkus
Corporate Headquarters 4401 S Tamarac Pkwy Unit C- denver, Colorado United States of America

Total Home Exteriors TRUSTED BUSINESS REVIEW: Total Home Exteriors Successful Because Staff Truly Cares About 100% Customer Satisfaction
*UPDATE: Total Home Exteriors, Inc. pledges commitment to always improving operations by joining Ripoff Report's Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program benefiting consumers by increasing confidence when doing business with a member business. Total Home Exteriors, Inc. recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW

EDitor's UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Total Home Exteriors for its full commitment to quality customer service.

Ripoff Report's discussions with Total Home Exteriors, Inc. have uncovered an ongoing dedication by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any concerns. Total Home Exteriors, Inc. listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

"Mike Rimkus is not only my friend and employer he is a man of integrity. [continued below]....
..... He's very reliable, he remembers customer's names and shows appreciation. He is 100% dedicated to customer satisfaction and follow through. Most of all Mike Rimkus is an innovator who has completely changed the game for Denver roofers and contractors with his 'no money down until it's complete' mindset.” ~ Kurt - Production Manager @ Total Home Exteriors, Inc.

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Michael Rimkus during an onsite inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Total Home Exteriors.

Total Home Exteriors is Ripoff Report Verified

Total Home Exteriors was established in 1991 and offers an array of services which include storm damage restoration, siding installation, and widow replacement. Owner Michael Rimkus explained the original vision of the company, "my visions [have] always been having integrity, always do right, be as professional as I can be with my company, and hire the right people to surround me.”

In order to acquire leads Total Home Exteriors utilizes the services of call center. After major storms potential customer often contact them directly in order to inquire about their services. Mr. Rimkus continued with the typical sales process. Total Home Exteriors will meet with the potential client and perform a free full inspection of the property in question. After the inspection they work with insurance companies to get how much of the costs can be covered under insurance, "we'll sit down with them [the client] and go through exactly what insurance [can] paid for and then when they tell us 'ya, go ahead' we go through [our] products to get them familiar with what we do. Also, we don't require money down, and let them know that and once we come up with the price we go ahead and put them in production and get it done.”

During the onsite interview, Mr. Rimkus was asked to describe a situation where a client was not satisfied with the level of service they received, and how Total Home Exteriors dealt with the complaint. Mr. Rimkus went on to state, "we're not perfect, I mean things do happen. It's is our integrity that stands in place... you're going to have problems... but we definitely try to fix the problem." Mr. Rimkus went on to explain a specific incident where a homeowner was upset because some of his shingles were scuffed during a gutter installation. Mr. Rimkus personally addressed the issue by fixing the shingles, and the customer was both happy with his experience and willing to recommend them to interested parties. This is not a common complaint for Total Home Exteriors. Due to the fact that placing money down is not a requirement for Total Home Exteriors customers are generally satisfied with the product. Mr. Rimkus believes that this is an important aspect of their company, and it should be noted that Total Home Exteriors has yet to be paid for over 100 completed jobs. After a complaint is resolved within two weeks a certificate of completion is issued to insure the happiness of the customer.

When asked to comment on complaints posted on Ripoff Report's website Mr. Rimkus believes that the complaints were not written by actual customers but disgruntled past employees, "I was literally being attacked [as well as] my wife and my kids. If you looked on Ripoff Report's website you would see that." Mr. Rimkus went through great lengths in order to deal with the situation and went on to assure future customers of the quality both in his work and personal character. "it's really hard for me to be a crook when I don't require money down... it's really hard for me to be a crook when I'm out there helping people."

When asked what type of changes they have made to honor their commitment to make things right with the customer per the request of Ripoff Report, Mr. Rimkus stated, "I don't hire just anybody anymore. We are very selective with who's around me now, and they have to go through a long process." In regards to customer service Mr. Rimkus has reduced the size of his staff in order to ensure both quality work for his clients, "I had a hundred people working with me. I have maybe 20 people now we have no desire to be big just want to stay small and in and maintain my reputation.”

Total Home Exteriors is pleased to be a part of Ripoff Reports Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. Mr. Rimkus hopes that future clients will see his dedication to his company through his integrity, "...this is the only choice that we really feel that we have to be part of the Advocacy Program.”

"We are among the top Denver roofing and home improvement contractors in Colorado. We've built our reputation on 100% customer satisfaction ratings. Our goal is to restore your home by any means necessary. Please take time to review our site, learn more about your roofing contractors for Denver Colorado and meet our friendly and professional staff and see what they have to say about Total Home Exteriors, Inc.”

Total Home Exteriors, Inc.'s Office Manager, Kelly Total Home Exteriors, Inc. takes employee satisfaction seriously as well. Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this, "Employee Feedback" Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that Total Home Exteriors, Inc.'s past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

"Make certain that you are dealing with a reputable contractor before you sign any agreement to have work performed on your home.

In South Carolina there have been several claims that contractors are improperly licensed. It is suggested that you physically see a copy of their South Carolina Specialty Contractors License and make sure they are bonded as well. All roofing contractors in South Carolina must be registered to perform work that costs more than $200. Contractors that are bonded are allowed to do work that costs over $5000 for an individual. You can check to see if a contractor’s license is valid by contacting the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation at 803-896-4701.

Total Home Exteriors, Inc. provides a certificate of insurance to all of its customers. We do this to protect both parties from any potential loss or lawsuits if someone should get injured on site. Our certificates of insurance are signed and should be presented before the start of a project. Upon request, Total Home Exteriors, Inc. will have its insurance agent mail or fax you a personal copy.

Itinerant Home Repair/Roofers – Better Business Bureaus across the country received complaints from consumers who answered a knock from a door to door salesman or itinerant worker who eventually failed to deliver on promises to fix their roof or conduct other work to the home. Complaints to BBB about roofing companies increased by roughly 40 percent in 2010, according to tentative estimates, due in part to one company that solicited door to door, American Shingle, which received nearly 1,000 complaints nationwide after going bankrupt and not providing new roofs to angry customers.

One way to prevent doing business with “storm chasers” is the check with the Better Business Bureau. You will learn if the contractor is a member in good standing, how long they have been in business, and other key facts about the contractor you are considering doing business with.

Total Home Exteriors, Inc. recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report's review, Total Home Exteriors, Inc. has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with CEO Mike Rimkus, Ripoff Report is convinced that Total Home Exteriors, Inc. is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

Total Home Exteriors , Mike Rimkus denver , Colorado

Mike Rimkus aka "the lying thief who stole his way to the top through deceptive practices that only a true CON ARTIST can do" I worked for this man for a short time and in that time I was convinced that I was going to be apart of something good only to find out that I was apart of something that was completely oposite of that. See this company is actually one of the worst companies to have do your roof and or to have you work for and the reason for this is because they actually believe their own lies.  PATHELOGICAL LIARS . (cognitive disonance) Or in definition

He is the guy that will go out of his way to screw you over and instead of feeling remorse and or guilty and apologizing and saying "I'm sorry, what can I do to fix this " He will justify his wrongdoing and then leave you high and dry , "Hey Mike , I talked to the adjuster and he even said that code for this roof is 90 lb felt so why are you putting 30 lb felt on ? Well you know that's true Frank but will the homeowner ever see the felt ? Uh, no Mike but isn't that wrong and won't that compensate the integrity of the roof  ? You ever heard the term out of sight out of mind ? Oh ok whatever u say Mike , whatever makes you happy , That's more like it Frank just do what I tell you and you will succeed

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2012 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Total-Home-Exteriors-Mike-Rimkus/denver-Colorado-80237/Total-Home-Exteriors-Mike-Rimkus-denver-Colorado-955839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Total Home Exteriors , Mike Rimkus

I had a Great experience.

AUTHOR: Scott Berndt - ()

I had total home exteriors re shingle my home in October of 2013. I was hesitant at first after reading this complaint and some of the comments that followed it. I met with Michael Rimkus and told him of my concerns prior to committing to any specific contractor. He was referred to me by a good friend so I gave him a chance. When the crew showed up, there were a good deal of personnel that didn't speak English, but that can be found on nearly all of the roofers in this area. The foreman did act as the translator and never let the language barrier become an issue.
I purposely waited nearly a year before I wrote this review. I wanted to wait and see if we got any rain and to see if it leaked. Needless to say, it rained more this year than it has in quite some time. I have not experienced even the smallest of leaks, nor any loose shingles.
In my opinion, Total Home Exteriors has been given a black eye by someone that is emotionally upset rather than by someone that has had an inferior roofing job. If I am in the need of a roofing contractor again, I will hire Total Home Exteriors without a second thought. If there is a problem with any of the work, I am confident they will make it right as soon as they are able to.

TOTAL HOME EXTERIORS honest COMPANY i said bad things

AUTHOR: franktjohnson - (United States of America)

WOW THE COMMENT THAT I PUT ON HERE ABOUT THIS COMPANY WAS FALSE I FOR WHATEVER REASON CANNOT TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID AND DON'T KNOW WHY SO THAT IS MESSED UP TOTAL HOME EXTERIORS IS A GOOD COMPANY I TALKED TO THE OWNER MY he and i set the record straight and i was owed some money that he knew nothing about so he and i talked and now i want to say that ripoffreport needs to let me remove my negative comments i put up about this company for what its worth look at all the comments that are negative put by myself well look at this one to ??? i was wrong for what i said and i hope i can fix this because total home is a honest company

Mike Rimkus AKA Mike Rimkus

AUTHOR: franktjohnson - (United States of America)

I Josh Fox aka joe cavasoz aka johnson t frank aka terry lacroix have put up 90% percent of the comments on these boards to make a statement because of jealousy , resentment, and immaturity my writing is horrible so I can't spend too much time writing my apology , but will say that I am the person that called him a racist and I made up the story about the mexican and the texas roadhouse Mike is the complete oposite of that and I had too much time on my hands I'm the person who's the problem and the person who uses cognitive disonance to justify my wrong , I'm also the best at pointing my finger Total Home Exteriors is a company that made it successfully in Colorado and I am a person that used to own my own company called Top Rank Builders aka ryan roofing aka top rank marketing aka disaster force we worked with multiple companys like arizona's 1st choice ryan roofing ext.... and long story short we went out of business , Mike Rimkus did exactly the oposite Total Home Exteriors will always be a good company If you are looking to have your roof done and want a guarantee not only from the company but even from the owner himself if asked and want a company that will take care of you from start to beyond finish call Total Home Exteriors

AUTHOR: franktjohnson - (United States of America)

better to fail at doing the right thing then succeed at doing the wrong :)

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

its sad

AUTHOR: Michael Rimkus - (United States of America)

Its really sad that people like you have to attack me you know why I'm were I'm at its not because i go on line and say lies its because i work hard and don't do bad thinks to people you know I and know its you and the people doing this on the complaint board and rip off keep doing it anybody can the funny thing is is that I'm already retired it a good feeling been doing this for twenty years how about you so worried about me it great keep thinking about me haters will be hater and when people are like that bad thinks happen to them and get no where in life no wonder you didn't get anywhere with us only bad people will go on line and attack somebody company and personable side in all years i have done this its amazing how many life's i have help to bad it wasn't you and I'm sorry for that because you must be a very sad and confuse person you and i know the reason why you don't try to work this out remember there is a hirer power then you and me and at the end we will have to answer for what we do there is no way around that good luck with your life and for you homeowners i have been with the BBB for years and i have A+ rating and many other things Total is a great company that doesn't even ask for money up front and doesn't make you pay the full dollar amount until you receive it from your insurance company this report with rip off anybody say anything the right think to do is when somebody has a problem go and talk to them which my door is always open to ex worker and homeowners