Complaint Review: Total Merchant Services

• Reported By: Grip This — Palmetto Florida United States of America
Total Merchant Services
Basalt, Colorado United States of America

Total Merchant Services Misrepresentation and dishonest Basalt, Colorado

This is a business everyone should stay away from. They falsely represent that they are the credit card processor, when in fact all Total Merchant Services does is use Global Payments (actual credit card processor) to process credit card payments. Total Merchant Services is nothing more than a middleman. The fact they (Total Merchant Services) represent themselves as the sole credit card processor is dishonest and blatantly false.

We hired Total Merchant Services about three months ago. We received a call from their risk department questioning an amount that was larger than they claim they normally see. When I attempted to explain we had been doing business with the card holder for years, the Total Merchant Services employee interrupted, and talked over me. When I politely asked him to allow me to finish my statement he became even more unprofessional and rude. I then asked for a supervisor and he refused to transfer my call to a supervisor stating I my only options were I had to speak to him. I told him I no longer wanted to communicate anything to him, and I sent him an email confirming this fact.

I then checked with Wells Fargo the bank of the card holder, and was informed they had already approved the card purchase with Total Merchant Services and that there was no valid reason for Total Merchant Services not to process the payment. Total Merchant Services had lied to me, stating they were waiting to hear back for the card holder's bank, when in fact Wells Fargo had already been in contact with Total Merchant Services and had approved the purchase.

I then called Total Merchant Services back and informed them I had spoken to Wells Fargo Bank and that Wells Fargo Bank had approved the credit card purchase. I was then told by Total Merchant Services it was still under investigation. I then asked why would an investigation be done when the purchase had already been approved by the card holder and the card holder's bank. I was then told by Total Merchant Services it was late Friday and the investigation could not be completed until Monday.

During the weekend several people attempted to make purchases of our products but couldn't because the rude Total Merchant Services employee I had first spoken to, had out of spite, suspended our account for no valid reason. We had never had any charge back with Total Merchant Services so there was no excuse for our account to be suspended over the weekend. To make a long story short they lied to make excuses for holding our money. Total Merchant Services did release the funds on Monday. However, I fired Total Merchant Services that Monday and now use another processor.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2012 09:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Total-Merchant-Services/Basalt-Colorado-81621/Total-Merchant-Services-Misrepresentation-and-dishonest-Basalt-Colorado-933455. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Total Merchant Services