Complaint Review: Total Moving Services

• Updated: Tue, August 28, 2012

• Reported By: Samantha — Queens New York United States of America
Total Moving Services
Internet, New York United States of America

Total Moving Services Will charge a mountain of undeclared fees! Internet, New York

Total Moving Services advertises being the cheapest and most honest moving company in NYC. This is a total lie. After I called them, I was told their hourly rate for 2 guys and a truck was $55. I was also told that, as per their advertisement, there would be no other fees. I have very little stuff so I was expecting about a 2 hour move, which would cost less than $200.

On moving day, they load the van and get to my new apartment and begin to detail all the fees they were charging me - driver's fee, gas fee, stairs fee, etc. All in all, they were charging me $435 for a 2 hour move. They refused to remove my things from the truck until I paid them in cash. I had to no choice but to pay them.

Not only do they rip you off, they are also the rudest movers I have ever met in my life.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Total-Moving-Services/Internet-New-York-/Total-Moving-Services-Will-charge-a-mountain-of-undeclared-fees-Internet-New-York-933819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Total Moving Services