Complaint Review: Total Protect Home Warranty

• Submitted: Tue, April 14, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 14, 2009

• Reported By:New Albany Ohio
Total Protect Home Warranty
1625 NW 136 Ave., Bldg. E, #200 Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Total Protect Home Warranty The lied about what is covered under the warranty Fort Lauderdale Florida

The company sent an information package to me through my mortgage provider, so I assumed they were reputable. I researched their website and all mailed materials. I called customer service and spoke with a very nice sales representative. The main question I was concern with is if the warranty covered accidental damamge. I was assured several times by the representative that the warranty covers ANY damage, including accidental. I thought this sounded great, so I ordered the next day by phone.

Now, six months later I had to file a claim because my smooth top cooking range broke when something dropped on the top glass. I called a claims representative and she took all the information, never once did she mention that this specific part was not covered under their warranty. They scheduled Carris Appliance Repair in Columbus, Ohio to come see the damage and to get a quote. The repairman came on time and right away said that the warranty company will not cover the damage, but I still owe him a $60 deductible check for his services.

A few days later a warranty representative called and told me the claim was denied. I explained that the original sales representative told him any damage is covered and I requested a full refund of all six months of service and $60 for the deductible. I am very dissatisfied with this company and will do anything within my power to make sure this does not happen to others.

Kurtis
New Albany, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2009 05:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Total-Protect-Home-Warranty/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33323/Total-Protect-Home-Warranty-The-lied-about-what-is-covered-under-the-warranty-Fort-Lauderd-443568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Total Protect Home Warranty