acquired

• Submitted: Wed, June 10, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 10, 2009

• Reported By:Rabun Gap Georgia
Total Protext Home Warranty
PO Box 550241 Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Total Protext Home Warranty TOTAL PROTECT IS A SHAM Fort Lauderdale Florida

TOTAL PROTECT IS A FRAUD...Several months ago my mortgage company sent out information to sign up for total protect. They claim they cover so much and will do so much until you have a claim.

After almost 2 weeks of me calling them, I finally get a service company to come look at the Heat Pump. They had to come from 60 miles away as there are no providers in my area as promised in the contract and the tech did not arrive until almost dark.

Because I had freon put in the heat pump last year, they will only cover the compressor and not the air handler unit as this was where the service tech found a leak.

After another week of calling them, I am told that they have changed their mind and will not be covering the compressor after all since the damage may have resulted from the leak in the air handler unit.

I cancelled the policy right then, notified my mortgage company not to bill me anymore for this junk they recommended.

In the 3 weeks I have been calling and waiting on Total Protect, I could have had the whole system replaced in 2 days.

Glad I only have paid less than 6 months on this waste of money and there is no auto deduction from my account so their payment from me has ended.

David
Rabun Gap, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2009 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Total-Protext-Home-Warranty/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33355/Total-Protext-Home-Warranty-TOTAL-PROTECT-IS-A-SHAM-Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-460522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Total Protext Home Warranty