- Report: #976497
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Total Publishing Media
Total Publishing Media5332 S. Memorial Drive, Suite 200, Tulsa, Oklahoma United States of America
Total Publishing Media Peter Biadasz Did not deliver on services promised: including time, editing, layout and copyrigh registration Tulsa, Oklahoma
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We have MANY happy authors!
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. Properly register my book for Copyright including copyrighting the creative content of my book and provide me proof of the registration. This was requested for the entire 1.5 years of my trying to finish the book. I am still waiting for the proof and keep getting excuses why it is taking so long.
2. Spell and grammar check my book. Peter personally promised to edit my book after I expressed frustrations that I have caught many grammatical and typing errors in more than 6 edits where by the operations team did not provide ANY insight on changes that need to be made. I had to pay an external editor Money to actually read and proof my book. I am not a trained editor and paid for editing services by Total Publishing Media. The operations team simply corrected what i noticed but provided no direction or input on additional needed changes which my additional editor found and neither did Peter who gave me his word he would personally examine the book and correct it.
3. Book Layout - After 1.5 years there are still significant errors in layout which was requested to be corrected by email and by phone conversations. These errors include spacing between words, indentation of personal stories, standardizing how quotes look like and many other formatting issues. I will again have to invest more money as Peter and his operation team did not produce a product that is ready to be published.
4. Chapter Cover Pages - It took Total Publishing 9 month to provide Color Chapter Cover Pages which was requested over 20 times but apparently was not clear in instructions.
5. The operations team refused to edit my book for 5 month because my table of contents was out of order. It is my understanding that table of contents are usually done last as things get moved around and the table of contents has nothing to do with editing the actual content in the book.
6. Responses and files would take anywhere from 2 weeks to 5 month to be delivered which is not the standard agreed upon ion our contract with little to no communications why there were such long delays in response or delivery. Peter always made excuses why he is waiting for the files from operations and why their mistakes and inconsistent delivery was justified.
This was a very frustrating experience and I have all the emails tracking change requests to show that the level of service did not meet the standards promised. Apparently the few authors that had a good experience with Peter were ones that already did all the editing and layout and just had Peter provide the print on demand services.
So now after 1.5 years I have to invest more time and money to get my book to market.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2012 07:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Total-Publishing-Media/-Tulsa-Oklahoma-74145/Total-Publishing-Media-Peter-Biadasz-Did-not-deliver-on-services-promised-including-time-976497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.