Complaint Review: Touch of Modern

• Submitted: Fri, November 02, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 02, 2012

• Reported By: Ronsard478 — Macon Georgia United States of America
Touch of Modern

Touch of Modern TouchofModern Product Misrepresentation + Unfair Return Policies + Poor Customer Service = Fraudulent and Untrustworthy Business Internet

Two months ago I placed an order with a California-based, internet company called TouchofModern. I ordered two clocks, a larger one advertised as being 30 in width and a smaller one with a description of being 14. After 7 weeks, I received two clocks that are way smaller than advertised: 19.75" (not 30") and 10" (not 14"). These two clocks were ordered to be placed in two specific areas that required the items to be the sizes specified. When I contacted the company with my claim, I attached a picture of the fully extended product next to a tape-measure showing that, without any doubt, my claim was well founded. A TouchofModern employee contacted me to tell me that the items were not returnable and that the size 30" and 14" include the span of the wings as well as the clock face its sits on, the length of the entire product. Again I confirmed that as per the photograph I had sent, the measurements were of the items fully extended. [continued below]....
..... Furthermore, I explained that I understood that it was non-returnable but that that policy is to be applied to those who receive an item as advertised, who change their minds not for defective, or in this case, misrepresented items. The result: a shipping label with a settlement that includes a 20% restocking fee, no refund on shipping AND a store credit.  When I expressed that these terms were not acceptable and that I should not be penalized for the companys mistake and false advertisement, I never heard back from them again. How can I (or anyone for that matter) trust this company again?

Ive decided to accept my loss and keep the clocks instead of losing more time and money. Please be very careful when dealing with TouchofModern.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2012 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Touch-of-Modern/internet/Touch-of-Modern-TouchofModern-Product-Misrepresentation-Unfair-Return-Policies-Poor-Cu-963595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Touch of Modern