Complaint Review: Touchstone Research Group, LLC

• Submitted: Wed, August 08, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, October 04, 2012

• Reported By: Tauscher — Queen Creek Arizona United States of America
Touchstone Research Group, LLC
244 Fifth Avenue, 2nd Floor, Suite 2571 New York, New York United States of America

Touchstone Research Group, LLC This scam preys on former military needed their DD214. New York, New York

*UPDATE Employee: Can you provide more information?

This company told me Jul 16th that they would have a DD214 emailed to me within 4 days July 19th after I paid $100 for an expedited service.   It is now nearly 4 weeks later and when I call to inquire they hang up me.  When I call from a different number they'll answer and then as soon as I say my name they hang up again, and the calls go to voicemail.  The one response I've gotten by email said they would "nudge" their researcher to find out the delay.  We need this form to close on a house and will lose our $2000 escrow without it and be homeless as our old house is rented out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2012 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Touchstone-Research-Group-LLC/New-York-New-York-10001/Touchstone-Research-Group-LLC-This-scam-preys-on-former-military-needed-their-DD214-New-924237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Touchstone Research Group, LLC

Can you provide more information?

AUTHOR: TRG-Representative - (United States of America)

Hi, can you provide an order number (so I can adequately respond to your complaint)?  We've helped thousands of veterans seeking to retrieve a VA loan, the great majority of which we retrieve well within our time constraints (leading to very happy home-purchasers).  If we send our researchers to retrieve a file, sometimes that file (among the millions, literally, of veteran files out there) is not where it should be, has been checked out by another agency, or in some cases simply doesn't exist.  We understand the nature of the rush, and also do our best to pursue alternative avenues to track down a file quickly, if that is the case.

If you'd like to provide an order number, I can contact you to follow up so we can try to better service future clients.

If you are a veteran reading this review, I applaud you for doing your research.  There are unscrupulous companies out there, and you should always be wary when dealing with someone new.  We've helped more than 25,000 veterans retrieve their records, and only have had a handful of complaints.  We also give every client the option to leave their own review following their order.  You can see hundreds of those reviews from our clients here: http://dd214express.com/catalog/government-dd214-express-service-pr-28.html

We depend on our clients just as our clients depend on us.  If you have any further questions (or complaints), feel free to drop us a line or a call.  We'll be glad to help!