• Report: #191322

• Submitted: Sat, May 13, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, September 06, 2008

• Reported By:Manchester New Hampshire
Towels-uniforms.com - American Supply
P.O. Box 960 Ash Fork, Arizona U.S.A.

Howard Leventhal - Towels-uniforms - American Supply He got me too. Lies, lies, Lies ripoff Ash Fork Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Howard Seth is Howard Leventhal

*Consumer Comment: Howard Seth or Howard Leventhal?

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: working for a competitor

*Consumer Suggestion: Keep on lying...it isn't going to work

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: lazy people

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Please.....

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: lazy people

*Author of original report: Same crap different day, Howard

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: di not give it a chance

I talked to him on the phone for a long time before investing, seemed all good. He promised a business plan and training. Invested $1500.00 for a web store, advertising materials and "training". His "training" was one sheet of paper telling me to go hire other people to sell towels for me and take a commission.

I ordered postcards from him which turned out to be snapshots of towels on the shelves a cheesy looking store somewhere. Hideous- looking. I ordered a $100.00 sample box from his supplier, which was made up of the lowest quality products you have ever seen. Towels so thin you could see through them!

The website never worked, and his support guy did not return my calls for 3 months, nor did he. Once I demanded a refund via email and he informed me that his web guy had a new address and try again...and said he tried the site and it was fine. It wasn't.

I had to pay for a company to take credit cards online and they were billing me like crazy and no money was coming in because the site DID NOT WORK!!!! As soon as he got my money his "support" ended immediately and he was all about trying to get me to order more materials. I continued to demand a refund and he got all defensive, and stopped returning my calls and emails. He has his rap down and he just repeats it over and over, just like he did here.

Howard, you owe us our money back. If you have so many success stories. WHERE ARE THEY Name ONE, get ONE of your happy students to write you a glowing reccomendation. I will report you to EVERY agency in this country until I get my money back. I will NEVER STOP. If you are not a crook then PAY US BACK. That's what honorable business people do.

If Gary and I are truly the ONLY two that have had a bad experience with you , I'd think it would be worth it to you to clear your company's name. I won't hold my breath. But you aren't going to get away with it, I assure you.

Lauren
Manchester, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2006 06:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Towels-uniformscom-American-Supply/Ash-Fork-Arizona-86320/Howard-Leventhal-Towels-uniforms-American-Supply-He-got-me-too-Lies-lies-Lies-ripo-191322. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Towels-uniforms.com - American Supply

Howard Seth is Howard Leventhal

AUTHOR: Yvonne - (U.S.A.)

To respond to the individual who asked about Howard Leventhal/Seth: He is running for the local Ash Fork School Board as Howard Leventhal stating he was asked personally to run by the Yavapai County Superintendent. I have sent an email to the County Superintendent asking him to confirm but have only sent it today and no reply as of yet. The picture on his website that you included in your comment is the same picture he used in our local town paper for his campaign ad for the School Board. He is to be a write in candidate and is not listed on the Yavapai County page as a candidate.

Howard Seth or Howard Leventhal?

AUTHOR: Aikijitsu - (U.S.A.)

I was reading up on this business and found something unusual if I am gathering info correctly.

Howard Leventhal changed his name to Howard Seth or is this a different person??? Can anyone confirm?

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

working for a competitor

AUTHOR: Howard - (U.S.A.)

this person, is trying very hard to discredit the finest mills in america and the world, this person was never a distributor, if they were, they would be enjoying the business, i am now on store 17, store 16 is about to open next to the kaiser hospital, so this is very real, i hope any smart person would realize that a towel company must carry all qualities , not just thick, but medium , and light weight, , we represent, mills like, dundee, martex, springs, wamsutta, and others for many. many years, so with the top of the line quality products and a business with no overhead working at home part time where can you make sales and have a repeat busines like this one. our industry will triple in 5 years and keep growing, be careful of any company that tries and pass itself off like mine, they do not connect you direct with the scrub or towel suppliers, i do, if you build up a nice business and they for whatever reason they dissapear you have lost everything, so please be careful, i keep getting calls from people ripped off from copycat compaines and i help them right away. thank you howard leventhal

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Keep on lying...it isn't going to work

AUTHOR: Lauren - (U.S.A.)

Yes I ordered your the garbage you call "samples" and no one would buy them.
The minute you had my money you became surly, rude, or just did not return phone calls. I went 3 months without a working website, so don't tell me I didn't work. You did not return my calls until I asked for my money back and YOU KNOW IT! Now you want to cover up the fact that YOU went into hiding! Your "Detailed instructions" consisted of a sheet of paper telling me to go out and hire my own sales force. I paid $100 for the samples and they were garbage. You are just another charlatan and I am disgusted that I fell for it.

Listen PEOPLE! Don't fall for this scam! Now he only has 2 stores??? What about all the hundreds of people he has put into successful business???? Hmmmm....they seem to have disappeared. I reported him to the BBB and the Attorney General and I suggest to Gary that he do the same. I plan to warn everyone I can. I now have a successful business now with a REAL company... and you can too... but not with THIS guy! He is making his money on suckers - not towels!

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

lazy people

AUTHOR: Howard - (U.S.A.)

as the report states she spent a lot of time with me , explaing the busines to her, she has never purchased a set of samples, and never done any of the very specific instructions i have on building a great business, i have a proven system for over 30 years, are you saying there is no towel or medical scrub demand, and is this a imagination business, and are my 2 stores in arizona which both started out just in mail order, are they fake, so you are, because you are complaining about the finest products, i have several factories shipping products out everyday , in the usa, and around the world, we represent such mills like , dundee, springs martex, burlington, dickies, barco, crest, and many more, , we have the best products, so if you are complaing you are complaing about some of the hardest working americans, i only help people get into the business, i only earn money when they sell products , so i have only one focus, helping, and i welcome anyone to visit my stores in arizona, both open for over 16 years, what references do you have that you are bad mouthing our industry, the medical trade will triple in 5 years, either you want a business or you dont the industry is always there, so since i have been in business for over 30 years and owned 4 stores, i would hope they would simply follow my instructions, instead of waisting my time with negative nonsense, and get back to work, i have offered to upgrade the site, and do anything to help, and all i get are complaints, but no work, strange, thank you howard

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Please.....

AUTHOR: Lauren - (U.S.A.)

Dade Towel in Miami. That is your supplier.
Their sample box was a $100 joke. No one could sell that. Towels you could see through.
Crappy chef's hat and a couple of paper thin towels. This is BS. If you are thinking of having your own business try eBay. This guy is a clown. He gets rigch off other people's ambitions.

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

lazy people

AUTHOR: Howard - (U.S.A.)

my system works, i have owned 4 stores and have the oldest here in arizona 16 years, thats not imagination, and they do almost a million dollars a year in business, i am a commissioned person, so i only earn when they sell towels, which they have not even tried, and to say the towels suck, is downgrading the best mills in america, martex, dundee, springs and so on, so thats a joke these products ar sold all over the world, and we handle every grade and quality of towels,

if they would follow my instructions, they would be doing business instead of complaining, i am available 7 days a week, i never avoid calls, i work at home, so even after i got the web site person replaced, and all is better than ever, do you see these people doing anything. no just waisting negative energy,

i did not invent the towel-linen-scrub business, so look at the big picture, we have every towel and scrub made by the best factories at prices lower than walmart, how hard could it be to sell, howard

Same crap different day, Howard

AUTHOR: Lauren - (U.S.A.)

Keep trying, buy more cards, blah blah blah. Did not give it time? How could we when you SITE DID NOT WORK???? And you dodged phone calls for months. This is what he does...just repeats over and over his same speil. His towels suck, his cards suck, and his system does NOT WORK.
He is a liar and a thief. Tell your success stories to the Attorney General of Arizona Pal!
I can document everything I say.

#9 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Howard - (U.S.A.)

yes i did have a web site person problem, it is difficult sometimes to get good , smart web site people, that has been fully taken care of, as per the light towel, if you have ever been in a real cheap hotel, which there are many of, thats what they use, we also have the largest thickest towels, so as a hotel supplier we have both, there is no complaint about our fast service, or anything else, so i suggest you get the post cards out and start taking orders, and i will give you the latest best version of our weg site now with over 1000 items, remember we only handle towels from the largets mills , so they have all qualities, and we handle all of them.

i have been here full time, and these people have done nothing positive to get this business going, sometime there are little bumps in the road, and i tell all my distributors which i have some with million dollar businesses that started with a few dollars, they are all listed on my success story page, so i have plenty of references. read the book think and grow rich, and that will help you to follow through, i did not invent the towel business, i just had 4 stores and in the business for over 30 years, that devotion, and now help other people enjoy a better lifestyle, our industry will triple in 5 years, why are they not trying, dont give up, i am here to help full time. howard www.towels-scrubs.com

#10 REBUTTAL Owner of company