Complaint Review: Town And Country Bank

• Submitted: Mon, January 12, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 12, 2009

• Reported By:Frankfort Kentucky
Town And Country Bank
Multiple Locations Bardstown/Lawrenceburg/Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-813-3282
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Town And Country Bank Cut all customers access to funds for 72 hours with no warning. Misinformed employees. Poor account security. Scrambled account info. Bardstown, Lawrenceburg, Lexington Kentucky

We had been doing business with Integra Bank for 8 years and never had the first problem. Unfortunately they got bought by Town and Country. We got a little note from Integra a few months back telling us that they had been bought, but no mention of any changes, or when they might occur.

Fast forward to last week. We got a mailbox full of checks, and debit cards with the town and country logo on them. The debit cards and pin numbers arrived on the same day. That is incompetence. All someone would have to do is pop open the mailbox and walk off with everything they need to wipe us out financially.

When we received all this stuff. My wife contacted them and was told our old debit cards would work until midnight Friday. The new cards would not work until the following week. She was headed out of town on business over the weekend, without a single functioning card, that complicates things. On Friday, around lunch time I happened to be by one of my favorite places to eat, so I went in and ordered my meal, only to have my card declined. I knew my balance was ok, so I tried another card from a different account... declined. I had to leave embarrassed and hungry as I only had a couple of dollars on me. Fortunately I hadn't eaten the meal yet, or else I would still be washing dishes.

I went to the nearest location for Integra/Town and country, only to be told that they would not allow anyone to make a withdrawal, after a certain time. Of course that time had already passed. I was polite, but I made a bit of a scene. After a while they relented and "ALLOWED" me to withdraw a miserly sum to get through the weekend. Hello! Here's a new concept for T&C It's MY MONEY! Allowing me to withdraw a smidge of it is not doing me a FAVOR!
They swore that all would be right as of 12:01 am monday...

THEY LIED... or were at least completely misinformed.

Not that I was all that surprised. They had people standing outside the bank this morning. When I got help they assured me that everything was in order... it wasn't. It turns out that I have multiple cards for a couple of accounts and none on another. I returned home and fired off a heated email to the bank, not expecting a reply. I did get a reply, from a friendly but clueless guy who kept offering to help, but then kept saying "their working on it" when I actually asked him to do something.

When I got home my online account was still not working. I had this fellows cell phone from where he called me so I tried him. To his credit he did get someone to call me back. It turns out our user name and passwords were changed. (I was informed otherwise by two separate employees earlier in the day).

It is 7:30 pm and I finally managed to log into my accounts. They were all jumbled up, and mislabeled. All that, and the sites ability to transfer funds between accounts isn't working. We no longer have access to any of my account history.(apparently I have to "apply" for that. "APPLY"!?!?!) I will be very much surprised if I don't end up with a late charge on something, over all this crap.

As soon as I can get something lined up with another bank in town, I plan on walking into the local branch at lunchtime on a Friday, (their busiest time) and withdrawing every red cent we have in cash. (all in small bills if I can get it.) It won't do any good, but I will be sure to talk loud enough that every other customer in the building knows exactly what is going on.

Everyone I dealt with kept rambling on about "valuing" customers, but I can tell from how they have treated their newest customers, for nearly 72 hours, exactly what their values aren't.

Bryan
Frankfort, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2009 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Town-And-Country-Bank/BardstownLawrenceburgLexington-Kentucky/Town-And-Country-Bank-Cut-all-customers-access-to-funds-for-72-hours-with-no-warning-Misi-411308. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Town And Country Bank