Complaint Review: Town And Country Ford

• Submitted: Tue, May 05, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 05, 2009

• Reported By:Tuscaloosa Alabama
Town And Country Ford
5041 Ford Parkway, Bessember, Alabama U.S.A.

Town And Country Ford You know those bad car dealerships you hear about? Bessember Alabama

Well, this is the epitome of bad dealerships.

My wife and I bought a pre-used Ford Focus which looked great and ran great at Town and Country Ford. I even asked the particular dealership if they stood behind their cars, which to my surprise they undoubtedly replied 'yes' until thirty minutes after we drove it off the lot.

Our car had its timing belt snap which left us in the break down lane with Town and Country Ford telling us that since we bought the car "As-Is", they could not hold them responsible. But the fun does not stop there! We decided after much negotiation with the Town and Country Ford dealership, we would have our car fixed at the dealership just to ensure everything was done correctly. Four months and five hundred dollars later, my engine is locked with two mechanics telling me it could be nothing more than the timing belt not being set correctly. Of course, Town and Country Ford refuses any liability for their work and we are being left to dry and without a car.

So for anyone looking to buy a car at Town and Country, don't. They are the epitome of dealerships and do not stand behind their cars!

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2009 03:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Town-And-Country-Ford/Bessember-Alabama-35022/Town-And-Country-Ford-You-know-those-bad-car-dealerships-you-hear-about-Bessember-Alabama-448835. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Town And Country Ford