writes

• Submitted: Tue, December 30, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, May 01, 2012

• Reported By:STATEN ISLAND New York
Town And Country Power Mower
1930 Washington Valley Road , Martinsville, New Jersey U.S.A.

Town And Country Power Mower stole my atv and replaced with old rusty atv Martinsville New Jersey

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: full of mistruths

*Consumer Comment: This should be an easy fix.

In sept/08 I brought my BAJA 150 atv to this location for warranty repairs. after three months Dec. 15 they called me to pick it up.

When I got there I noticed it was a difirent color than the one I had left but I was told I must be mistaken because they say that is the one I left ( I may not know how to fix an atv but I am sure I know what color It is ). This one was all rusty and old looking ( The one I brought for repairs was only 8 months old and had no rust when droped off ). Besides this one ran worse than the one I had left for repairs and I was unable to take it because it wouldn't start .

Now three days later they want me to come and pick it up again - lets see if it works this time. and they still insist the orange atv is mine not the black one I droped off. It's not even like the colors are close.

Besides this I was given a bill with a list of parts that were replaced on this vehicle but when I called BAJA motorsports who is the only one that sells theese parts in the United States I was told that this dealer has ordered no parts from them for nearly a year and when I checked with PepGuard who warrantied the service I was told by them that no claim had been put in for my Atv.

I don't want to start a fight but I think this is going to end up in small claims court.

Chuck
STATEN ISLAND, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2008 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Town-And-Country-Power-Mower/Martinsville-New-Jersey-08836/Town-And-Country-Power-Mower-stole-my-atv-and-replaced-with-old-rusty-atv-Martinsville-New-406266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Town And Country Power Mower

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

full of mistruths

AUTHOR: Town & Country Power Mower, Inc. - (United States of America)

In response to this customer's claim, we are an authorized Baja service center but do not sell Baja Motorsports products.  For this reason, we do not have spare Bajas to trade for his unit.  His unit was never made in black therefore an impossible to "switch out"  We are also not in the practice of putting parts on an invoice that we did not use and can show the customer the invoice directly from Baja Motorsports for the parts ordered specifically for his machine.

In regards to to the time it took, we are at the mercy of Baja Motorsports who supplies the parts.  In this, and many other instances with the company, the parts are shipped from overseas and frequently take a great deal of time.

There is not much more to say except he was greatly mistaken and definitely received his unit back in good working order.

This should be an easy fix.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

As the owner of the (original) black ATV, you should have some sort of documentation that includes the serial number. This should easily prove that the ATV they're trying to pawn off on you is not the one you dropped off.

Why you are even considering going back and picking up the orange ATV is beyond me. If it's not yours, don't pick it up. By accepting the vehicle, it would not make your small claims case look very good.