Complaint Review: Town & Country Jeep Chrysler Dodge

3156 Hempstead Turnpike levittown, New York United States of America

Town & Country Jeep Chrysler Dodge Completely Fraudulent levittown, New York

*Author of original report: Good Point

*Consumer Comment: Now you know

This was one of the most aggravating and fraudulent experiences in my life.  I was looking for a used car for my sons, was going to put 10% down and finance the rest.  I am going to use actual numbers here so that the issue is clear. We were
going to buy a car for $8500 and with all the taxes etc it would be $9200.  We gave then a deposit of $1000 dollars and were going to come back a couple of days later since they needed to detail the car.

Just a side note...this was a 45 minute drive.

We get back and sit down with the financing person and he wants to charge us an interest rate of 9.5%.  Just another note here...my credit history is excellent.  So I say to this guy Terrence, that this rate is ridiculous.  He tells me that I can repay the loan after 7 months which would work out for me fine.  So I ask him how much I would owe after 7 months and he tells me $8200.  Did you get that.  I will owe him exactly the same what I would owe him today.  He tells me that the loan is entirely front loaded so for seven months I am repaying only interest.  BTW, this is completely illegal in New York.  I ask
him about just paying for the car in cash and he informs me that he would need to up the price of the car by $1400 because without this the car would be sold too cheaply.

So I tell them I want my deposit back and this horrible man starts cursing at me and my children.  I yell back at him and tell him not to speak that way to my sons and he starts yelling at me that I should only talk to my husband that way because he doesn;t have to put up with it.  I don't know if he was a misogynist or just didn't want to do business with someone he couldn't defraud but whatever explanation works for you is fine with me.

In summation, I would stay away from these criminals.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 10:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Town-Country-Jeep-Chrysler-Dodge/levittown-New-York-11756/Town-Country-Jeep-Chrysler-Dodge-Completely-Fraudulent-levittown-New-York-1009613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Town & Country Jeep Chrysler Dodge

Good Point

AUTHOR: emile - (United States of America)

It is true that I should have insisted on a written contract prior to leaving a deposit, and I did in fact have a contract that the deposit would be returned if the deal did not come to fruition.  However, having or not having a written contract is not an excuse for what is criminal behavior.  The dealership was intending to front load a car loan in New York State which is against the law.  Even in those states where it is not against the law, it is clearly unethical.  It is my hope that my story serves asa warning to potention patrons of this dealership.

Now you know

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

A deposit should not be paid until AFTER the bill of sale or a contract is written indicating the terms of the agreement. The bill of sale should clearly show the amount due after the deposit. If the buyer puts up the deposit without that documentation they take the chance of the seller changing the terms of the verbal agreement.

Poland