Complaint Review: Town Hall Deli

• Reported By: Anonymous — Orange New Jersey USA
Town Hall Deli
60 Valley Street South Orange, New Jersey United States of America

Town Hall Deli They misled and cheated me South Orange, New Jersey

I placed an order for delivery at Town Hall Deli, in South Orange, on Monday, October 22, 2012. The order was for a Hot Pastrami Sandwich, which was $6.99 and a bottle of Majorska Vodka.  I was supposed to have the 1.75 liter of Majorska for $15.99, delivered to me, but I ended up with the pint, which was $6.99, and I told the order taker the bigger bottle was the better deal.

After she quoted the order total, which I thought was a little off, but I thought this was because she hadn't added on the delivery fee yet.  When the delivery guy arrived, he had a small package, and I thought to myself, that can't be what I ordered. So he told me to call them back, which I did, the order taker asked was the delivery guy still at my address, I told her he had left.

She said she would call him and have him bring me the larger bottle of Vodka in exchange for the smaller bottle. I waited over an hour and called back. The order taker claimed she didn't have my phone number anymore so she couldn't tell me the delivery guy was done for the night.  She suggested I call back the next day and exchange the smaller bottle for the larger one, but I felt it would be too late then.

I was misled by this restaurant into paying a higher price for a smaller item, when I was willing to pay a little more for a better deal and the order taker saw this.  They ended up getting from me almost what it would've cost for the better deal, because the delivery guy was over tipped, because I tipped him according to the total and not the subtotal because of the order taker not giving me the subtotal.

Watch out they will try to cheat you!  $25 for a $6.99 sandwich and a $6.99 bottle of Majorska plus $4 Delivery.  If this isn't a rip off, I don't know what is!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Town-Hall-Deli/South-Orange-New-Jersey-07079/Town-Hall-Deli-They-misled-and-cheated-me-South-Orange-New-Jersey-966469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Town Hall Deli