Complaint Review: Town North Mazda

• Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By: Blucido — Plano Texas United States of America
Town North Mazda
307 S Centeral Richardson, Texas United States of America

Town North Mazda Car is not drviable after the service dept worked on it ,and they refuse to correct it's condition Richardson, Texas

*Author of original report: Update to complaint

After having my car back in for the 2nd time for some damages to a tire the dealership caused when they did an alignment on the car originaly,we picked up up the car & it had a very bad burning smell .That night my clutch went out ,after they towed it back in and took it apart  the service writer said the clutch was destroyed because someone at the factory had left a large nut inside the bell housing by mistake and it got cought up in the clutch itself. Even though we have 7600 miles on this 2012 car??? Well when this clutch came apart it smelled of smoke and  burning clutch disc material so bad I asked the service writer to make sure all of that was cleaned out before they reinstalled a new clutch. He said he would. Upon picking the car up againg it still reaks of this burn't clucth smell so bad it's it will make you sick. Also we have a big scratch in our wheel rim that wasn't there before. I called them back to voice my concern and i was passed to Tom their part time servicve manager who suggested I take it up with Mazda USA,I have filed a complaint but have recieved no resolution! Can't drive our new car ,smells like a burnt clutch!!! help

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2013 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Town-North-Mazda/Richardson-Texas-75080/Town-North-Mazda-Car-is-not-drviable-after-the-service-dept-worked-on-it-and-they-refuse-999053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Town North Mazda

Update to complaint

AUTHOR: Blucido - (United States of America)

It's amazing what a little bad press will do. When we took the car back for the scratch in our wheel, we were able to get it repaired.  The smell of the burned clutch was still there.  They had tried to mask it by deodorizing the car and detailing it, but to no avail.  The odor was too strong and was not drivable.  The service writer offered me a one line hand typed letter that was supposed to be signed by the General Manager/Owner Corkie, but he refused, that said they wanted me to drive it for two more weeks and if the odor was still there, to bring it back and they would again attempt to remove it.

This was on Friday, January 18. On Saturday, January 19, we took the car to another dealership and traded it in after only being able to drive our new car for 6 months.  I lost $7,000 on the deal.  Mazda builds a good car and I was happy with my car until I mistakenly took it to Town North Mazda for repairs. I am disappointed in the whole scenario.  I would recommend that you not take your car there for service.