Complaint Review: Town and Country Ford, Evansville, Indiana

• Updated: Sat, February 18, 2012

• Reported By: Amber — Cannelton Indiana United States of America
Town and Country Ford, Evansville, Indiana
7720 E Division St Evansville, Indiana United States of America

Town and Country Ford, Evansville, Indiana Totally Screwed from every direction. Will NEVER step foot in this place again!!! Evansville, Indiana

I first bought my minivan from Town and Country a little over a year ago. When my temporary plates were up, I went to get my new, permanant ones....only to be told that my vehicle couldnt be found in their system so a title had never been applied for.

I called the dealership and they informed me that it had, but that the VIN they had put on all of my paperwork, did not match the actual VIN on the van. The dealership and the finance co both knew this but allowed me to drive around in what was essentially an 'invalid vehicle'. So all of my paperwork had to be redone.

Along with that, they claimed my vehicle had been inspected and that the carfax was clean, but they couldn't seem to find the carfax they ran. No surprise considering you ran the numbers of an invalid vehicle.

I took the van in a month later to have repairs made. The ABS module was going out, a brake line had to be replaced, a tire was about to blow out on me, the brakes were bad, and the power back hatch was going out. Luckily my warranty covered the ABS module since they refused too, and they would not mess with the power back hatch since it was an 'aftermarket' part.

I took it to another dealership ( I no longer trusted Town and Country) plus it was closer to home. Come to find out it had 3 recalls on it that had not been repaired. One of those recalls was in 2003....I bought the vehicle in 2011. I understand tghat the elderly couple that had it before me never got it fixed, but why wasn't it fixed by Town and Country once they received the vehicle as a trade-in?

The faulty seat latches were a major issue. My children sit in those seats. Obviously Town and Country did not do as they said and inspect the vehicle or run a report on it, or these things would have been caught by them. Very irresponsible and very dangerous for my children.

Their behavior is absolutely inexcusable for a large dealership that brags so highly on themselves. The only thing they would do to help was offer to put me in something else, but since I already had a loan for this vehicle, I would have to 'trade it in' which means I'd get maybe half the loan amount, leaving me stranded with the other half on top of adding another loan for another vehicle. Absolutely sickening.

This was my first vehicle purchase with a loan through a larger dealership. And it will never happen again. Small and local or nothing. Town and Country should be out of business, or the managers need to watch who they hire. In this instance, you're lucky you didn't kill someone and rest assured, if I could sue them for negligence or down right being idiots, I would in a heartbeat.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2012 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Town-and-Country-Ford-Evansville-Indiana/Evansville-Indiana-47715/Town-and-Country-Ford-Evansville-Indiana-Totally-Screwed-from-every-direction-Will-NEV-841317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Town and Country Ford, Evansville, Indiana