Complaint Review: Toy Quest

• Reported By: hakesj — PINE BLUFF Arkansas United States of America
Toy Quest
1800 N 9th St Indianola, Iowa United States of America

Toy Quest ripped me off for $759.99 plus tax Indianola, Iowa

*Consumer Comment: Going back to the store would have just wasted gas

*Consumer Comment: Should have gone back to Toys R Us

I purchased an Aqua Adventure Water Park from ToysRUs on 5/17/2010.  I paid $759.99 plus tax for this water park.  The first time we used the water park the slide's seams came unthreaded which caused holes that kept the slide from blowing up. The box the water park came in said to not return it to the store so I contacted the warranty department of Toy Quest.

The warranty department offered several different water slides that weren't anywhere close to the value of my water park. I was approved for replacement and assured that as soon as my water park was available they would  email me further instructions.  I contacted Toy Quest in February, 2011 to ask when an expected ship date might be.  They let me know my water park wouldn't be available until the end of June.  I contacted them in July to find out that I needed to cut my warning label off the step and forward it by certified mail to them and upon receipt they would ship my new water park. [continued below]....
.....
They mailed me a Hydro Blast water park and hose assembly.  The product was not in a box like the one I purchased from ToysRUs; therefore I had to use my instructions, blower, stakes, and carrying case from my old water park. There is a test that must be performed on the blower to ensure it does not pose a safety risk. The test is called a ground fault circuit interrupter and of course my 14 month old blower that has been stored in the water park carrying case since after the first time we used it did not pass the test.
I contacted the warranty department again and let them know my blower was not functioning properly.  They told me that my blower was out of warranty and I would have to purchase a new one.  I let them know that if they would've sent me a water park to hook up to my blower before 14 months later I would have know that my blower didn't work properly.  The supervisor of the Toy Quest warranty department named Laura was very rude and hateful and ended up telling me she didn't care if my child got electrocuted.  I asked to speak with her supervisor and she told me I couldn't because he was in Hong Kong and she was the boss.  Yet she didn't even know the companies mission statement.  Needless to say she hung up on me.
At the present time I have a water park and hose, but no blower to hook up to it.  This has been a terrible experience and had I known back in May of 2010 what I know now I would've never purchased this product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2011 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toy-Quest/Indianola-Iowa-50125/Toy-Quest-ripped-me-off-for-75999-plus-tax-Indianola-Iowa-760351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toy Quest

Going back to the store would have just wasted gas

AUTHOR: marge - (United States of America)

Taking the item back to Toys R Us would not have helped. They would not have been able to return it to her, and even if she was lucky enough to get some idiot that didn't read the box, they would need manager approval for a return that large. And no manager is going to lose his job so he can refund an item. Sad though that Toy Quest did not seem to care much about the defect. Incidentally, Toys R Us used to offer warranties on these items, not sure if they still do.

Should have gone back to Toys R Us

AUTHOR: Cody - (U.S.A.)

I don't care what the box says man, you bought the product from Toys R Us, had you taken it back to them as soon as the problem was discovered, I am sure they would have replaced or refunded you. Never sits on your hands and expect anyone to do the right thing when your investment is at stake. Sorry this happened to you.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC