• Report: #207641

http://www.Toyglobe.com Nationwide Canada

Toyglobe ripoff Internet

*UPDATE Employee: PRODUCT RECEIVED

*UPDATE Employee: PRE-ORDER

It's our friends from Toyglobe again.

The order: Placed on 24th July 2006 - Fantastic Four Classics Action Figures, Series 2, set of 5 ($79.95 + $17.55 S&H + $2.50), total $100.00. Paid for with visa, which was debited 25th July. All items were listed as being 'In Stock'. I ordered from the UK.

Problem 1: By 2nd August nothing received (yes, that was a bit early - this e-mail was sent just to ask when the items would come). E-mail sent by Toyglobe on the 3rd August, stating that some of the items in the order were actually not in stock, but they would be sent within 10 days (not a good start - when I see 'items in stock' I thought it means 'items in stock': obviously not with Toyglobe). John Luopus (who sent the e-mail) assured us the package would be sent week during August 3rd.

Problem 2: E-mail sent 18th August, as nothing received. Alarm bells start ringing at this point - after 13 years of ordering toys from the US, Europe, Far East, none had taken this long, and if they had, none had ceased communication. Do they have a real world address? No. Do they have a contact number? No. Why is this, by the way?

Problem 3: Checked the USPS Tracking number I was given with the 'Confirmation of Order'. Unsurprisingly, the USPS notified me that this information wasn't available on the web. A full month has passed now. I'm not happy.

Since 13th August, both my mother, who had ordered these items for me as a present, and I e-mailed Toyglobe roughly every two days. Neither of us have Spam Filters (we have the initial e-mails as proof, and we have a nice collection of 'You will receive a response to your question in the next 1-2 days' e-mails).

Most recently, full e-mails were sent in line with the web-site protocol (23rd and 24th) and detailing these problems and asking why they hadn't replied to anything since August 3rd, and to either send what I had paid for, or to issue a full refund, with no 'restocking fee', or any of the other stealth charges companies like this use to screw customers over.

As you might guess, I was delighted to see yet another 'We will respond to your question in the next 1-2 days' in my in-box this morning.

On a more serious note, I am absolutely disgusted with this company. They are sloppy, inconsistent, difficult to contact, use blatantly misleading terms on the website, and the explanations/justifications/rebuttals I have read on this site are absolutely implausible. I really, really hope that this report leads to something: not only can I not wait to hear Toyglobe's disingenuous explanations, but $100 seems a very high price to pay for a whole bunch of BS, wasted time and e-mails, International calls to the Federal Trade Commission etc. when all I wanted was five action figures for my d**n birthday. Too much to ask? Apparently.

And if anyone is thinking of ordering from this company? Please just read the comments on these pages, and think again.

Ian
Northampton
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2006 02:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toyglobe/nationwide/Toyglobe-ripoff-Internet-207641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toyglobe

PRODUCT RECEIVED

AUTHOR: John - (Canada)

As I answered you before Patricia, and not the false name you are using (IAN). Your product was shipped to you. I have the signature to prove it. Your tracking information:

Label/Receipt Number: EQ74 4034 069U S
Status: Delivered Abroad

Your item was delivered in GREAT BRITAIN at 12:09 pm on August 31, 2006.

Your order was for a pre-order product, so how can you expect it to get there the same day that you ordered it? I have no problem with you filling a complaint, but all your emails were answered and you received the product.

PRE-ORDER

AUTHOR: John - (Canada)

Hello Paricia. Your item was shipped via USPS Global EMS with signature. If you like I can post the signature on line for everyone to see. The tracking number is eq744034069us. Your product was a pre-order as you were aware, that is why it was delayed. It is easy to file complaints, but at least come back and say that you received it.