• Report: #203150

• Submitted: Thu, July 27, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, July 27, 2006

• Reported By:Hampton Roads Virginia
Toyota Financial Group
P.O. Box 371339 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Toyota Financial Group Toyota Financial Rip Off Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

My husband and I leased a Toyota thru Toyota Financial. The beginning of the end. For months if not years we paid Toyota before money was due. They did not send us a bill. I lost my job and will admit that we had a hard time making payments. BUT, helpful Toyota. I sent them my mortgage payment by mistake. I realized this the same day I mailed the payment. I called Toyota and was guaranteed they would not, could not even, cash a check not made out to them. I also informed my bank. Not only did Toyota illegaly try to cash the check, they did so 3 different times.

After the third time, and mind you, according to the bank and FDIC it is illegal to try to cash the same check more than 2 times, the bank had us close down the account and open a new one. The bank called it Bank Fraud on Toyota's part. In doing this Toyota managed to ruin our credit. Every time the check went thru it bounced every thing else.

Now all our credit cards have almost a 30% interest rate. Then Toyota repossessed the car. We told them until they sent back the check not made out to them that they kept trying to cash (and I have proof of every time they tried to cash it), we would then send a payment. Now Toyota is suing us for about $12000 the cost they lost on the vehicle. They sold a 4 year old SUV with about 50,000 miles for about $10000, blue book value was $25000. And Toyotas legal department said they only tried to cash the check 2 times, I have this in writing.

Toyota Financial is the worst place I have ever dealt with. DON'T use Toyota. And as a side note. The dealership had the vehicle almost as much as we did. Every time we brought it in for routine maintenance they found another defect that had to be repaired.

Hampton Roads, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2006 07:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toyota-Financial-Group/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15250/Toyota-Financial-Group-Toyota-Financial-Rip-Off-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-203150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toyota Financial Group