Complaint Review: Toyota Financial Services

• Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: LJ Indignant — SPRINGDALE Arkansas United States of America
Toyota Financial Services
P.O. BOX 5855 CAROL STREAM, Illinois United States of America

Toyota Financial Services PERFECT CREDIT X 4Y 7MOS AUTOPAY THEN INEXPLICABLY RE-PO'D CAROL STREAM, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Not necessarily.

*Consumer Comment: Questions

*Author of original report: UPDATE only

I bought my FJ from Toyota with Toyota Financing in June 2008.Not only excellent, but PERFECT credit with Toyota for 4 YRS 7MOS, as payments were on autopay.Autopayments discontinued for no identifiable reason. FJ was repo'd in Sept 2012 which is when I found out autopay had stopped.

I received no letters, no phone calls(???), just a disappeared SUV. By the end of the day that my SUV had disappeared, I had wired $2400 which was more than the amount due for repo costs plus payments due.....it even paid ahead one month. I requested from the Credit Dispute Dept to remove the repo from my credit record. THey had mailed a response within 48 hrs of receipt, denying my request. I know have 30, 60, 90 day overdues on my credit, as well as the repo. I am paying it off this week to get out from under Toyota. A humiliating and horrifying experience that will follow me for years.

(Also, the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing, the people were rude, and Renovo - who did the repo.....set it up with some place that has no office, no phone number......I was instructed to go to an empty building in the country and wait for someone to pick me up to take me to my SUV.  IT WAS NOT SAFE!!  Thank goodness I had a friend go with me)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toyota-Financial-Services/CAROL-STREAM-Illinois-60197/Toyota-Financial-Services-PERFECT-CREDIT-X-4Y-7MOS-AUTOPAY-THEN-INEXPLICABLY-RE-POD-CARO-1016839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toyota Financial Services

Not necessarily.

AUTHOR: Paul S - ()

No one argues that one should check their own checking account reguarly to make sure that all payments are debited properly. I do have a consumer comment to make: Toyota Financial Services is like a black hole, not only it takes drastics actions without any prior notification but there also no way to reach anyone in this department. This fact alone (not inability to balance a checkbook) should deter consumers from purchasing or leasing their vehicles. I had an absolutely horrible experience with them, I cannot say this about Honda or Nissan vehicles that I leased.

Questions

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

What you are saying is you gave them access to your checking account so payments could be automatically debited from that account on a monthly basis and this automatic debit had been going on for 4+ years.  Then the car was repo'ed and you find out AT THAT TIME several months of payments HAD NOT been debited from your account, right?  What did your check register say?  Do you maintain a check register?  Do you even know how much money is in your checking account or do you do what far too many people do, never, ever maintain a running balance?  If you would have checked the banks website AND COMPARE THOSE NUMBERS to your running balance, you would have seen the VERY NEXT DAY the regulary scheduled debit did NOT take place!  Could they have been making a mistake?  Of course.  Could the bank have been making a mistake?  Certainly.  But that does not relieve you of the responsibility to doublecheck to make POSITIVE what was supposed to be happening was indeed happening!  What did Toyota Finance say about the notification of non payment?  As far as they know, the money was not available or you cancelled the automatic debit.  WHAT DID THEY SAY???  That's the key here!  If the bank made a mistake then quite posibly you might be able to get the bank to repay the excess charges to you as well as admitting to Toyota finance the error was their's and your credit record should be corrected.  However, the bottom line is this:  YOU are on the hook for the car.  It is up to YOU to make sure Toyota and the bank is doing what they say they are doing!  No, I don't work for them!

UPDATE only

AUTHOR: LJ Indignant - (United States of America)

The TFS, the same day that they took my SUV (AFTER I sent them MORE than the repo amount) said they had my SUV scheduled for auction.
The KBB value at the time was $21,000.
I owed less than $4000.
Heck of a deal for those thieves, don't you think?