Complaint Review: Toyota Financial Services

• Reported By: nygrenae — Boston Massachusetts USA
Toyota Financial Services
19001 S. Western Avenue Torrance, California United States of America

Toyota Financial Services Stole my car title Torrance, California

*Consumer Comment: TOYOTA RECALL ALERT!!! Anyone can 'Google' this- TOYOTA RECALLS 1.3 MILLION COROLLAS, MATRIX MODELS, and read the related articles....

*Consumer Comment: To Ashley

* : Anyone can 'Google' this- SLUDGE POEM, and read it! That poem was posted on 8-23-2007 and two weeks later the CEO of Toyota QUIT!

* : Question:

* : YARIS SAFETY ALERT!!! 'Google' this- TOYOTA RECALLS 1.3 MILLION CARS, and read it!

* : 10 Days?

I have always had good luck with Toyota cars and so when I was looking to buy a small, fuel-efficient car for commuting in 2007, I purchased a T0yota Yaris, financed through Toyota Financial. Now that I'm no longer commuting by car, I am selling the Yaris. Buyer in hand, I went to pay-off the loan on the car. First, they told me that if I wanted to the payment to be processed in fewer than 10! business days, I needed to send a certified check...I did that. I sent them a certified check which they received on a Tuesday morning. From then it took them almost 2 full days to process the payment (mind you, with a check FROM THE BANK). Finally, I called Thursday morning and was told that payment had been processed and the title was on its way; I should receive it in 2-3 business days. I asked if they had some way to track the shipment of the title--you know, because it represents the OWNERSHIP OF MY CAR and until I sell the car, we're in tight financial shape--and they said "no, we've never had any problems." Well, that was reassuring...NOT.

Here we are now on the next Tuesday...3 business days (4 mail delivery days) later and NO TITLE. I look at the online portal and see that my account has been closed. I call them. Turns out that they haven't sent the title at all because I paid with a bank check with the bank's address on it and they didn't know if they should send the title to me or to the bank. Let's see...did anyone call me to ask me that: NO. When I called the day after the payment was processed, did anyone ask me that: NO. When I was told to send a bank check, did anyone tell me I needed to specify the address to which to send the title: NO. When I went to the online portal, was there any note saying they needed to check where to send the address: NO. If I hadn't called, would they ever have done anyting? NO.  So now Toyota Financial Services has had my money AND my title for over a week...where I come from, that looks a lot like stealing.

This is the most appaling customer experience I have ever had and WILL NEVER USE TOYOTA FINANCIAL SERVICES to finance a car purchase again. Meanwhile, I have to figure out how to make a mortgage payment while I wait for them to actually send the title to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2009 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toyota-Financial-Services/Torrance-California-90501/Toyota-Financial-Services-Stole-my-car-title-Torrance-California-492178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toyota Financial Services

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

on the web.

TOYOTA- MOVING BACKWARDS

To Ashley

AUTHOR: julie31 - (United States of America)

Isn't it irresponsible of you to sell a car that isn't yours yet? Next time, why don't you try paying off the car, getting the title, and then selling it. Like you are SUPPOSED to do.

Didn't you read his posting at all, he had a buyer in hand, he did not sell it yet but some one was ready to purchase it. Before he sold it, he tried paying off the car & did what TFS told him to do. TFS screwed up not in the length it too to post the check, but in telling him the title was in the mail when it wasn't. He isn't really questioning the posting time, he is wondering why he did not get the title when he was told he would. Any person would have issue with that, car IS paid off, & the title wasn't mailed when you were told because they didn't ask if they should mail it to you or the bank. That is no one's fault but TFS. When he called to find out when he would get the title, the customer service rep should have asked him if the title should be mailed to him or the bank, sounds like they didn't do that, he has every right to be upset.

#3

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

That's right! Jim Press, Toyota's former CEO, quit his position with Toyota and announced his resignation on 9-6-2007. (I believe that he was with Toyota for 37 years.) He decided to make the move over to Chrysler, and we all know that Chrysler went BANKRUPT not too long after he arrived, correct?

You can also 'Google' this- SLUDGE POEM 2, and read that poem. About 14 or 15 months after that poem was posted about Toyota's President in Japan, he was REMOVED from his position and replaced by Akio Toyoda.

It looks like poems can be quite powerful, wouldn't you agree?

WRITE A POEM- THEY'LL ALL KNOW HIM!

'karma' (definition) - Something done; action, work, behavior; also the CONSEQUENCES of action spiritually and mentally, as well as physically.

#4

Question:

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

#5

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

*SPREAD YOUR RIP OFF REPORT all over the web at sites like- 'TWITTER' & 'FACEBOOK'.

Thank you.

#6

10 Days?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

They said if you want it PROCESSED in less than 10 days you had to send it by a Certified Check.  Not 1 Day, Not 2 Days, Not even 5 Days.  They received it on Tuesday and it was processed on Thursday.  If you want to count the time until they send it out as part of this.  If they received it on the 1st they have until the 15th to send out the title to be within the 10 business days(you can't count Weekends or Labor Day).

Yes you want them to treat you like you are the only customer and have them drop everything because you are "special".  The fact is that they have more customers than just yourself.

I hope you do update this as to when you actually did receive your title.