Complaint Review: Toyota Of Glendora

• Submitted: Tue, May 05, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, May 07, 2009

• Reported By:Glendora California
Toyota Of Glendora
1949 Auto Center Drive Glendora, California U.S.A.

Do yourself a favor, DO NOT buy anything (new, used, parts, or even a soda) from TOYOTA OF GLENDORA or Glendora Hyundai. Also, DO NOT have your car repaired at ANY SEIDNER'S COLLISION CENTER. Murrey Seidner owns them all and is a total shark. He's the type to have his wife's gold teeth taken out and sold while she's knocked out.

My wife and I bought a used 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe at Toyota of Glendora in March 2008. The car was for my wife. Yes, I know that there are hazards when you buy a used carand this one did have excessive miles on it. But, when we were buying it, we were made to feel like idiots if we passed up this great deal. Now, after a year of continuous repairs (some of which were not included in the bumper to bumper warranty), the service manager Dave Davey has basically told me that I'm an idiot for buying the car in the first place. When looking for a little sympathy and assistance, I said to Dave Davey, I just want the continuous repairs to stop. He then sympathetically said to me Then, sell the f***ing car.

ODOMETER DISCREPANCY We bought the car with 110,000 miles on it in March of 2008. However, paperwork (that I obtained from their service department) proving all the work they did on the car prior to selling it to me shows that the timing belt was replaced at 113,000 miles in December of 2007. I've never been THAT great at math, but that would appear to me that the odometer was going backwards! Their only explanation is oops, must have been a typo. Yet all of the other paper work that they have to their advantage is iron clad. WE had to replace the timing belt again at 125,000 miles which is 12,000 miles from the 113,000 figure (don't they last 60,000 miles?). I paid $100 deductible to have that replaced even though it was new at 113,000 miles.

CUSTOMER (DIS)SERVICE - They have a sign that says, If you're happy with our service, tell a friend. If you're not, then tell us. I did that and they could not care any less. In fact, I told the service manager that my car would soon need to be replaced and that I would definitely NOT be buying my new car from them. For some reason, that set Dave Davey into a rage. He told me that you are no longer a customer here and we will not be doing the repairs that he just promised to do. So, I stormed into Rick Romero's office (a man that this site knows oh so well). Rick and I spoke for a while and he would not budge on ANYTHING. The sales moose Ozzie came into the office to quiet me down (my anger was upsetting the unsuspecting victims in the sales area). He moved towards me as if to physically remove me from the office. I told him if he touched me, I would charge him with assault. He then said to me, I will touch you outside then. All in all, the police were called and I was asked to leave the premises. Personally, I would have left without the police needing to be called. But when they threatened to have them come, I wanted to be there to tell them what happened.

REPAIRS - So, I had no choice but to have the problem with the oil looked at by another mechanic. It needed some new stuff, including gaskets. It was then that I found out that gaskets are not covered under what was presented to us as a bumper to bumper warranty. Coverage for gaskets was optional (an option that was not offered nor presented). I would not have purchased a full warranty knowing that there were additional options (why would you purchase extra when what you just bought covers everything). The mechanic I took it to told me that the repairs were going to be roughly $180.00. I had no choice but to have them done since I was assured by MURREY SEIDNER that they would not assist in any way whatsoever.

While the car was being repaired, I get a call from MURREY telling me to bring the car there to have the repairs done at their facility (a facility that I have been banned from). When I called him back to say that the repairs were already underway and that he could just reimburse me. He said that he would give me $100 only (as a goodwill gesture) because they could do the repairs at their facility for what my mechanic was charging. After repeated attempts to collect the remaining money, I have not heard anything further from MURREY SEIDNER. I did file a complaint with the BBB and their response was that the owner did give me $100 as a goodwill gesture. Ironically, that goodwill gesture came the same day the BBB response was filed.

WARRANTY DO NOT BUY ONE FROM THEM! This warranty is the absolute worst! It has so many loopholes it should have been written on swiss cheese. It covers a rental car while your car is being worked on. LITERALLY. It covers 1 day of rental car coverage for every 8 hours of work on the car. So, your car sits in the repair shop for 3 days until someone from the warranty place comes out to inspect the car (to make sure you aren't just making up the problems in your head), you have no car.

So, if you want to be ripped off, buy a car that the dealer doesn't stand behind, threatened, misled, sold a lemon, and treated like utter crapthen please visit any of the MURREY SEIDNER properties. They will not disappoint.

Glendora, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2009 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toyota-Of-Glendora/Glendora-California-91740/Toyota-Of-Glendora-UNETHICAL-MISLEADING-TERRIBLE-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-Glendora-California-449011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toyota Of Glendora

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

'Google' this- BALTIMORE SETTLEMENT CALIFORNIA TOYOTA, and read it! 'Baltimore' is the last name of the main plaintiffs in that case against Toyota Corporation where African Americans & Hispanics were TARGETED by Toyota due to their RACE, & their in
their inability to fully comprehend the English language. They were charged HIGHER INTEREST rates for their CAR LOANS. Can you spell- D - I - S - C - R - I - M - I - N - A - T - I - O - N ? Can you spell- R - A - C - I - S - M ?

'Google' this- ENGINE SLUDGE, and go to the consumeraffairs website about 'Toyota Engine Problems' and read all of them. Make sure to click on 'Airbags' and read those too!

'Google' this- SEXUAL HARASSMENT TOYOTA, and read it!

'Google' this- YOUTUBE TOYOTA SEQUOIA DEFECT, and watch the video of a Toyota Sequoia that flipped over on I-95 due to a defect!

Read the article about the lawsuit at the consumeraffairs website about DEFECT REPORTS that were being ALTERED at a Toyota plant in California, according to Katy Cameron, who was a QUALITY AUDITOR there!

'Google' this- BUY A COROLLA GET BURNED LITERALLY, and read it!

There's LOTS more.

I'm Karl, and I approve this Update!