Complaint Review: Toyota of Richardson

• Reported By: nashodza — Allen Texas United States of America
Toyota of Richardson
1221 N Central Expy Richardson, Texas United States of America

Toyota of Richardson Duped and lied to Richardson, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Nashodza, You can do what Jerry did! Simply...

*Consumer Comment: Oh, I should forewarn you...

*Consumer Comment: This will often occur..

I bought a factory rebuilt transmission through Toyota of Richardson. It had a one year warranty and before the warranty expired, I notified the Parts Department that ther transmissdion was acting up and was about to go out. They asked me to drive it until it went out. I assumed that since I had notified them that the transmission was bad before the warranty had expired, that they would honor the warranty. If I am not mistaken, they told me that the warranty would not be effective unless the transmission was completely out. I put my full trust in their word, and now they won\'t honor the warranty. I had no idea that I was being duped and that they had no plans to honor the warranty. I have been a customer of theirs for years and I have bought parts for other vehicles since I own my own garage. I would never play those kind of tricks on my customers. I am an honorable man and I run a respectable business. When I tell a customer something, I live up to what I tell them even if it costs me money. My customers are who keeps me in business.

I need the transmission repaired in my truck because I use it in my business. I will work with Toyota of Richardson to get another factory rebuilt transmission or to repair this one. They know that they are wrong, but they seem to be out to take advantage of a small auto repair service.

Dealers like this should not be in business. I would warn customers to be very suspicious of anything these people will tell you. They are out to make money off of small businesses and innocent people during these hard economic times. You would probably be better off buying from another business. These same people own a Toyota and Scion business in McKinney.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2010 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toyota-of-Richardson/Richardson-Texas-75080-4606/Toyota-of-Richardson-Duped-and-lied-to-Richardson-Texas-647934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toyota of Richardson

Nashodza, You can do what Jerry did! Simply...

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

go to Bing and type in- RIP OFF REPORT TOYOTA VOIDED WARRANTY DUE TO ENGINE SLUDGE ON 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY, and go to Report #354721 and read Jerry's Ripoff Report.

Then read his update to his Ripoff Report. (Update #3.)

Jerry put vinyl lemons all over his 2007 Toyota Camry hybrid after the dealership and Toyota corporation would not help him. He sat in front of the dealership handing out flyers.

It worked!

*You can the same thing he did, right?

You can put vinyl lemons all over your Toyota and pass out copies of your Ripoff Report to everyone going by. Just make sure you're not on the dealership's property. You could create so much negativity about Toyota that the dealership might just pay for all your repairs, correct?

Good luck.

Oh, I should forewarn you...

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

Some psycho named Karl who has it out for Toyota..will probably hijack your report with titles of 'GOOGLING' sludge and airbags and a host of other unrelated nonsense.

You are free of course to do all the googling you desire..but this will yield you no result or recourse ..it is a ZERO.

The problem you have, is with a shady dealership..too many are like this from every "brand" name attached to them.

The lesson is... do not trust the "word" of ANY dealership.

Now if you wish to google sludge and steak dinners and poems and songs and n**i anti American and anti Semitic websites...have fun. Let us know if it offered any help.

This will often occur..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

.if you put your trust in the "word" of a dealership. So you trusted their word which was a gamble..and they may have won that gamble if the tranny went out after the warranty expired.

I do not have any helpful suggestions for you at this point..but perhaps warning others can prevent this. I hate to say this..but apparently the transmission "acting up" is not enough to get them to honor the warranty..so perhaps it should be considered..to take the "appropriate" actions to make sure the transmission does more then "act up" in order to have it fixed under warranty before it expires.

Maybe do a little "off roading" or some heavy duty towing???  Just don't get caught.

Hey they want to play tricks on you...why not return the favor?