Complaint Review: Toyota of Sanford

• Updated: Thu, June 21, 2012

• Reported By: brieli — Fort Bragg North Carolina United States of America
Toyota of Sanford
3321 NC Hwy 87 S Sanford, North Carolina United States of America

Toyota of Sanford Fred Anderson Toyota Written Quoted Price Not Honored Sanford, North Carolina

I received a quote from a dealership in Charlotte and called Toyota of Sanford to see if they would honor the price, that I had my own financing.  They sent me an email with the quoted price, which I printed and took in to them to close the deal.  First, they tried to change the price by adding $500, saying they accidentally gave me a military discount that was only available to those who finance with Toyota.

I told them that the quoted price was a price match and the other quote did not include a military discount.  They said fine they would honor it, then the finance manager tells me that the company that is financing the deal is charging them a $2300 dealer fee.  And that they were going to pass the fee onto me.  I told them no and they told me I couldn't have the vehicle.

I called Roadloans the company that is financing the deal.  They told me that the dealership is not supposed to disclose the dealer fee to me and the dealership could not roll the fee into the loan.  This total process from the time I left my house to the time I returned took 4 hours.  The dealership did not offer to do anything to rectify the misunderstanding.  This delership is crooked and I would not deal with them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2012 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toyota-of-Sanford/Sanford-North-Carolina-27332/Toyota-of-Sanford-Fred-Anderson-Toyota-Written-Quoted-Price-Not-Honored-Sanford-North-Car-901108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toyota of Sanford