Complaint Review: Toyota of Union City

• Updated: Fri, July 19, 2013

• Reported By: Fairness — alpharetta Georgia
Toyota of Union City
4115 Jonesboro Road Union City, Georgia USA

Toyota of Union City Toyota of Union City is dishonest, unfair, and offers very poor customer service. Union City Georgia

*Consumer Comment: You Don't Need Their BS!

It took Toyota of Union City over a YEAR to repair my vehicle and when it was returned, there was body damage, and incomplete repairs.
On March 5, 2012, I had a vehicle that was abandoned on my rental property towed to Toyota of Union City for diagnostics, and for keys to be cut. After aproximately 2 months, I paid the invoice of $461.80 for work that was allegedly done, including the cutting of keys. After driving an hour to pick up the vehicle, I was informed at the dealership, that the vehicle was in fact not ready, and no keys could be found. Afterwards, I called numerous times to check on the status of the vehicle. Often, I did not receive a return call. (I do have phone records supporting this fact.) When I was able to speak to someone, the repair rep. repeatedly made excuses as to why the vehicle was not ready for pick up. The last one being that the steering column was broken out - which was not the case when it was dropped off. After months of getting the run around from the service rep, I escalated my concern to management, who finally called me on June 26, 2013 to confirm the vehicle was ready for pick up. On June 29, 2013, I drove an hour again to pick up the vehicle. However, upon pick up, I noticed damage to the body that did not exist prior to the vehicle being dropped off at Toyota of Union City. Before leaving the lot, I brought this damage to the attention of a service rep and indicated that I would be in contact regarding. I have contacted the entire management team and Toyota of Union City refuses to take responsibility for the damage to my vehicle - stating that they are not responsible because the vehicle was there for so long - even though, as previously stated, they did not complete the repairs until June 26, 2013, when I was notified that the vehicle was ready for pick up, which is also indicated on my pick up paperwork. Furthermore, they even refuse to take responsibility for the length of time it took to repair my vehicle - offering no creditable explanation. To makes things even worse, the keys that were cut, do not even open the doors!

I have worked with many car dealerships, and I have never experienced this level of outright disregard for fairness, honesty, and customer service. This, in my opinion, is customer service at it's very, very worse.

If a negative rating was available, I would rate Toyota of Union CIty a negative 10, and would advise anyone to stay far and clear from this dealership.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2013 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toyota-of-Union-City/Union-City-Georgia-30291/Toyota-of-Union-City-Toyota-of-Union-City-is-dishonest-unfair-and-offers-very-poor-cust-1068516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toyota of Union City

You Don't Need Their BS!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Make TODAY the day you find and begin a long term business relationship with an INDEPENDENT SHOP!  An independent shop will be well equipped, clean and staffed with experienced mechanics.  Often times, the owner is one of those mechanics.  What you will get is reasonable prices and great customer service.  What you get at a dealer "service" department is PRICE GOUGING, poor customer service, dishonesty and people with bad attitudes.  As for this exact situation, turn it over to your insurance company...that's what you pay them for.  The dealer is trying to weasel their way out of their responsibilities.  GO GET 'EM!