Complaint Review: Toyota

• Submitted: Sat, April 13, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: Tom — Mechanicsville Virginia
Toyota
P.O.Box935 West Chicago, Illinois 60186 West Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Toyota Toyota Care Extended Plus Toyoya extended Oil changes a rip off! West Chicago, Illinois

*Author of original report: Extended Care Update

*Consumer Comment: Right!

*Consumer Comment: Think about it

I purchased my new Toyota Avalon in March of 2011. The Finance person sold me on the idea of getting extended oil changes that lasted beyond the 25,000 miles I got free with my purchase to 40,000 miles. I was hesitant to buy any kind of "packages" sold buy the finance people. I agreed to purchase this program that would extend my service period after the initial 25,000 miles ran out. I was told if I should trade the car I would get my money back so it would cost me nothing.  I had problems with my car having bent rims. I got fed up with paying to have them straitened so I decided to trade the car. I called my selling dealership's finance department; Mechanicsville Toyota and left messages twice that I had sold my car and wanted to know about getting my refund.  I never got a return call from. I finally called Toyota finance and asked them to help me out. They were super nice and got me to the right department. After a $25 service fee I was told I would get around $410 out of $880. Less than half. I had 22,800 miles on the Avalon when I traded it so that meant I essentially used 0% of the policy coverage. Beware of these people. I thought GM and Ford were bad, but Toyota is just as bad if not worse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2013 10:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toyota/West-Chicago-Illinois-60186/Toyota-Toyota-Care-Extended-Plus-Toyoya-extended-Oil-changes-a-rip-off-West-Chicago-Ill-1043101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toyota

Extended Care Update

AUTHOR: Tom - ()

The reason I paid for the program? It covered a major check up that occurs at 30,000 miles. The check up is over $800. So the oil changes were a bit less costly than having the service done seperately. I am disable so I depend on others to do my maitenance. And after all I was told it would not cost me anyhting if I never used the coverage. I didn't, so someone lied.

Right!

AUTHOR: Inspector - ()

Only two oil changes for me.

Think about it

AUTHOR: coast - ()

You extended your free oil changes by 15000 miles. That's a total of three oil changes. I don't understand why you agreed to pay $880 for three oil changes.