Complaint Review: Toys R Us

• Reported By: NO Toys 4 US! thx — PHOENIX Arizona United States of America
Toys R Us
15325 W MC DOWELL RD GOODYEAR, Arizona United States of America

Toys R Us **BEWARE OF THE GIFTCARD INCENTIVE** GOODYEAR, Arizona

11/11/09 Toys r Us ad reads"With the purchase of any video game get a $20.00 Toys r Us gift card." I was purchasing a popular newly released game as a Christmas gift but wasn't sure which system the person would be getting for Christmas.I purchased one game for Xbox 360 and thought to purchase one game for PS3.EACH game cost me $59.99 + tax.I asked the sales person if there would be a problem returning either game.Their response was "NO".

The day after Christmas I went to the store to return the game only to be told I would be receiving $39.99+ back.When I questioned the amount they said they do NOT refund gift cards! I said,"The gift card was a "gift" with purchase."After looking at the receipt I'd realized what they'd done was reduced the price of the game and charged me $20.00 for the gift card but listed it on the receipt as a "promo" to equal the total of a full priced purchased game plus tax!

After the associate had to INSIST the manager come speak to me at my request,the hesitant store manger with bad attitude displayed came to speak to me.In front of 5-6 employees and A customer behind me soaking in every word, she was EXTREMELY rude and said I would not be getting my full purchase price and they DO NOT refund gift cards!So now I am stuck with a game I PAID $60.00 for and a gift card they want me to spend in their establishment after their rude treatment of me and my family.

I called their corporate office and even after explaining every detail to them they still insist they DO NOT refund gift cards. SEVEN days later im still waiting for someone from corporate to call me for resolution.

I find it EXTREMELY SAD that A company like Toys r Us- FULLY aware of the economy, and the need to make wise purchases at Christmas time,would take such DRASTIC measures to RIP OFF their customers and with such BOLD and RUDE behavior. I guess it's "Profit by ANY means necessary"."BUYER BEWARE" where you would LEAST expect it.                 ~Renee Phoenix,AZ~

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2010 10:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toys-R-Us/GOODYEAR-Arizona-85338/Toys-R-Us-BEWARE-OF-THE-GIFTCARD-INCENTIVE-GOODYEAR-Arizona-548593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toys R Us