Complaint Review: Toys R Us

• Reported By: Lil — Ohio
Toys R Us
Groves Road, Columbus, Ohio , Select State/Province USA

Toys R Us No product available for sale ad in paper Columbus Ohio

The Thanksgiving Day Ad had a table train set for sale for 39.99 with store opening at 5:00 pm on Thanksgiving Day.

I was one of the first 50 people in line to get into the store once it open and went straight to a salesperson.  They said the trains were in the back of the store.  When to back of store and there were no trains.  I asked 4 more sales associates and they all said the trains are in the back.  I asked them to take me to them.  The sales associates could not find them.

They called management over the radio and were told the trains have sold out.  I said how could they be sold out you just opened.  Four other customers heard me asking for the trains and they too were told they were sold out.  We went to management and asked for the train set.  Again they said they were sold out.  I told them that was impossible since they just opened.  We were told first come first serve.  I told management I was one of the first 50 into the store and no one is carrying the train no are there any on the salesfloor.  I said you never had any trains to begin with.

It turns out there were none on the sales floor but has 200 train sets in the back room.  I said I wanted one of them.  They said they could not sell them to me because they were already sold.  Again I said that is impossible you just opened up.  A manager said they were for the on-line/webs sales and no store in the Columbus area had any trains available to sell to us.

I consider this false advertising.  All the trains were sold out before opening on Thanksgiving Day.  What about the people who do not have access to the interet.

Toys R Us did offer an additional 20% off another train set at 150.00.  I wanted a train set for 39.99 for my grandson, not 150.00 train set.  If I wanted 150.00 train set I would buy one.  I wanted the one on sale for 39.99.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2013 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toys-R-Us/Select-StateProvince/Toys-R-Us-No-product-available-for-sale-ad-in-paper-Columbus-Ohio-1108108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toys R Us