Complaint Review: Toys R Us

• Updated: Wed, November 21, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Weehawken New Jersey United States of America
Toys R Us

Toys R Us Stole Reward Zone Certificates, Internet

I have been a toys R Us company for many years.  I have three kids, a 13 yr old, 8yr old and a 6yr old and I purchase all of their toys at Toys R Us.  I became a member of the Rewards Zone years ago, and I used to receive the rewards coupon by mail from time to time.  However, in 2009 (I believe) I started having problems with my reward zone account and I was told that it was coming up as invalid.  Finally one of the cashiers at the store advised me to change the card to avoid having this problems.

Now I either change the card at your Babies R Us store in 4th Avenue and 15th Street in Manhattan or your store in North Bergen, NJ.  After getting the new card, I thought that everything was going to stay the same, as I gave the cashier all of my information.  However, I never received any more reward zone coupons.  I called various time and never received a straight answer.  Finally on November 10th of 2012, I spoke to someone on the phone and she explained the reason my reward zone was not found is because the cashier who took all my information did not enter it on their computers.

At this point, she went ahead and verified the purchases made on the account to ensure that it was the right person and went ahead and enter all of my information on your system.  Once I was able to sign up online for the rewards I saw that 5 rewards were already expired.  It showed a $20 rewards for 10/2010, $20 for 11/2010, $20 for 3/2011, $16 for 11/2011 and $5 for 3/2012.  I called your office again and the representative filed a complaint for me.  She told me I was going to receive an answer with 3-5 days.  I called several times during this time, only to be told to wait for the call.  On the 5th day, I called again and was transferred to customer relations.  The person I spoke here was very rude, blame me for not making sure that the cashier enter my information into their system and only gave me the rewards for 11/2011 and 3/2012, but not the $60 for the prior periods.  I called several more times, and each time I was treated very rudely and with no type of respect.

It's very frustrating to have lose out on the rewards that I rightfully earned because one of your workers at the store made a mistake.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2012 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toys-R-Us/internet/Toys-R-Us-Stole-Reward-Zone-Certificates-Internet-972167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toys R Us