publicly

• Updated: Wed, December 12, 2012

• Reported By: Capt. Bob — Fort Lauderdale Florida United States of America
Toysrus
one geoffery place Wayne, New Jersey United States of America

Toysrus Toysrus Scam makes product disappear but gets to keep money!!! Wayne, New Jersey

I looked for a good price on an Xbox 360 for my grandson for Christmas.  All retailers were about the same price.  I than saw an ad by Toysrus that if you bought an Xbox 360 they would include a free controller (a $49.99 value). This was the first I had seen this offer on their website.  I immediately ordered the item at regular price and received a receipt for the Xbox and the controller.  When item arrived the controller was not there.  An Email to customer service about the missing item brought a reply of "Sorry we ran out".  They than said that the fine print read "While supplies last".  I guess their legal department covered them. I never saw that in the ad and was never notified that I was not going to receive the free controller or given a choice to cancel. When I asked how many they had for the promotion they said it was none of my business. Answers like that always make me wonder. They could of had one or any number of units.  The result is I paid full price plus extra shipping costs for a product I could have gotten anywhere without the extra chatges.  The attitude of customer service proves that Toysrus is a SCAM oriented operation and not worthy of your business. Beware of their false ads.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2012 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toysrus/Wayne-New-Jersey-07470/Toysrus-Toysrus-Scam-makes-product-disappear-but-gets-to-keep-money-Wayne-New-Jersey-981014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toysrus