casual

• Updated: Fri, December 07, 2012

• Reported By: Paul — California United States of America
Toysrus.com

Toysrus.com Free shipping scam! Internet

Toys r us offers free shipping if you spend $49. Then, after you buy $49 worth of items, you get a message thanking you for your order, saying an item you purchased was no longer available, your credit card will not be charged, but now your order no longer qualifies for free shipping. Then you see your credit card was charged $15 for shipping!!!

I tried to cancel my order minutes after placing the order and being notified I would be charged shipping. I had to call customer service and was told my order wasn't in the system yet and call back after getting a confirmation email. Two hours later, got the email, called cust. Service back and was told I couldn't cancel b/c my order was processing. Then was told I had to wait to receive my order, then send it back if I still wanted to cancel, but I would NOT be getting my shipping refunded!

Read their Facebook page. They are doing this to everyone! Luring you in with free shipping, 50% discounts, then changing orders AFTER you pay, saying you have to pay shipping or your 1/2 off item was cancelled. What a scam!! Beware when you order from Toys R Us online. Their customer service reps don't care.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2012 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toysruscom/internet/Toysruscom-Free-shipping-scam-Internet-979161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toysrus.com