Complaint Review: TracFone Wireless

• Updated: Fri, June 01, 2012

• Reported By: Nick — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
TracFone Wireless
9700 NW 112th Avenue miami, Florida United States of America

TracFone Wireless Straight Talk, Net 10, American Movil, safelink wireless Deceiving customer service with no intent to resolve issues and wavering policies. miami, Florida

I made my very first purchase with Straight Talk on May 30,2012.

Web Order # 4725217
using email address yanke....@hotmail.com

I order Part number ST64PSIMC4MB which is suppose to be a micro sim card for an ATT iphone 4.
On this order I also paid for overnight shipping which costed me an additional $14.95.  After tax total of $31.23

The product I received was not the right product it was a standard sim card with the part number of tf64simc4.

I made several calls that morning. I was given instructions to return the product since the wrong product was sent  to me and I would be refunded for the sim card as well as the overnight shipping to have it shipped for me. It also  costed and additional $9.15 for me to ship it back to the Straight talk Returns department.

Returned Product Tracking information 468901415123912 . Product should be receieved in 4 Business days. On the same
day of May 31,2012 I purchased another micro sim card on the straight talk website, identical to the first order I
placed including paying for overnight shipping at $14.95. With  the order number of 4730386.  Using email address
nick....@me.com. After tax total of $31.23

So far my total without having a correct product in hand is  $71.61
I have made a minimum of 7 calls averaging 15 to 30 minutes a call between being put on hold and the call center agent having to repeat their question or the statement for lack of having a script that they must follow for all conflicts instead of trying to understand my issue and taking simple steps to resolve it. For a company that I haven't even started doing business with the first impression has not gone very well.

I talked with an agent at the call center named Walter he assured me that I would receive a refund for the wrong sim card they sent me as well as for the overnight shipping that I paid for all he requested was that I return the wrong sim card back and supply straight talk with the tracking information. On another attempt to call, I attempted to talk to supervisor after supervisor and asked to speak with a manager who went by "Alicia". This is the call where I was just going to simply  supply the tracking information so we could start the refund process and Alicia stated they don't make refunds for sim cards company policy when I had already been told a refudn would be issued. I can understand not giving a refund for a sim card if it is my error but it was Straight Talks error and they would not even agree on an exchange so I had no choice, but to go ahead and  make another purchase. Each time I placed a call to Straight talk Customer service I felt like it was a different call center that i was dealing with. No one within these call centers are even associated with each other and people just get linked and transferred to and from  each call center with no real solution for a conflict or issue to be resolved. I have already placed a formal complaint against the Headquarters for TracFone with the BBB and will keep going as far as I need to not just for myself but for the millions of subscribers to Tracfone  Wireless inc. If the customer service weren't outsourced then maybe the company would have a better grasp as to where they stand and what type of progress that needs to be done in order to become a bigger and better company. Customer service is the one area of a company that should never be under budgeted and you would think in the wireless and "communication" industry this wouldnt't be the case for TracFone. The millions of subbscribers for Tracfone need to be heard by real employees of TracFone. Not hung up on and put on hold by outsourced call centers that more than likely handle thousands of different companies in each square foot of their cubicle. A solution needs to be made and should start with Customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2012 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TracFone-Wireless/miami-Florida-33178/TracFone-Wireless-Straight-Talk-Net-10-American-Movil-safelink-wireless-Deceiving-cust-891534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TracFone Wireless