• Report: #206728

• Submitted: Fri, August 18, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, October 30, 2006

• Reported By:niceville Florida
Tracfone Wireless Cell Phone
8390 NW 25th St Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Tracfone Wireless Cell Phone fraudulent offer of free minutes for referring a friend Ripoff Miami Florida

*Author of original report: Problem FINALLY SOLVED

Offering via internet website, when activating my phone, was 120 free minutes if I referred a friend who did purchase and activate a new phone.

The offer required that I enter the email address of friend. I entered the email address. They then sent an email of the free minutes offer to my friend. My friend then bought and activated the phone. From there it was like getting teeth pulled to get the minutes. My friend ultimately did get the free minutes.

I was told by customer service that in order for me to get the free minutes, I needed a copy of the email that "I" sent to her for the promo. "I" didn't send her anything. "THEY" sent her the email on my behalf, and then when I couldn't produce it, they said "TOO BAD", you can't get the free minutes without the email. That was via phone conversation with Candlearia in their customer service dept.

I then tried to resolve the matter via email to their web based customer service dept. SAME THING from them.
What the ????.

Another email to them brought back the response that I could get 200 "free minutes" if I bought a one year activation card. Like they should be trusted to make good on the "second" "free" offer?? Then another response that offered to make me a star in their TV commercials. They don't get it, or they think I don't.

I pursued the satisfaction of the offer thinking it was an honest mistake on their part, but since seeing the many reports on "Ripoffreport" know in my deepest understanding that it was not an honest mistake on their part, but just their SLEAZY BUSINESS PRACTICES

I have since become determined to quit pursuit of the "free" minutes and make their reputation known.
Any suggestions on that subject would be appreciated.

niceville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2006 08:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tracfone-Wireless-Cell-Phone/Miami-Florida-33122/Tracfone-Wireless-Cell-Phone-fraudulent-offer-of-free-minutes-for-referring-a-friend-Ripof-206728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tracfone Wireless Cell Phone

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

The summary, start 7/6 end 9/13. Over 2 months, but I finally got the 120 free minutes for the refer a friend offer.

After 10 email exchanges and no satisfaction, I began to understand that they had no intention of honoring their offer, so I started filing complaints everywhere I could find. Lucky for me I stumbled on the right one. www.consumer.gov which led me to the Florida state consumer office. They lit a fire under the butts of Tracfone and I had 3 emails from 3 different reps, and had my minutes 2 days later. The one who ultimately solved the problem was Lola Franklin. Her email is lfranklin@tracfone.com
Find your state consumers office to complain to and you will get satisfaction.