- Report: #519553
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Tracfone Wireless Inc
Tracfone Wireless IncOne Town Center Road Miam, Florida United States of America
Tracfone Wireless Inc SafeLink No Bills ~ No Contracts ~ NO SURPRISES? ~ YOU'RE IN CONTROL? (how do they get away with it?) Miam, Florida
*Consumer Comment: These guys SUCK
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) Purchased a new TracFone
2) Followed instructions for transfer of my number with AT &T and charging phone
3) Port request for transfer was set in motion
4) Phone, upon charging, was discovered faulty
5) As a result, lost, via forfiet, telephone number that was supposed to be transferred
6) Traveled the same 50 miles to return the phone and replace it (Walmart - representative said number was lost forever)
7) Took new phone home
8) Meanwhile, each time TracFone was contacted via the Web (at least 5 times), they never returned messages in three days.
9) Each time TracFone was phoned(at least 3 times), the recording said something similar to "we are experiencing high call volume and cannot answer your call...visit them online is what they tell you to do (for what? they don't return your online messages! It's a vicious circle)
10) Sent two message, one text, one multimedia... was charged for both messages and neither went through - the phone clearly notified that the message transmission failed... yet the deduction for the messages took place. THE DEDUCTION TAKES PLACE FIRST BEFORE THE CALL EITHER GOES THROUGH OR NOT! TracFone boasts doubling minutes feature, yet they steal back the minutes they give.
11) The phone was inoperable in this calling area, so traveled 5 miles down the road to get a connection. Finally, reception received and called TracFone customer service... again, "due to high call volume, we cannot answer your call... please go online" - also the connection was poor and broken up and could not fully understand until that message was heard
12) No online messages to support have ever been responded to
13) Have spent $33 for the phone and $43 for phone time, including taxes
14) Meanwhile, in addition to text and multimedia messages being charged for (which did not go through), calls to TracFone customer service result in more minutes being deducted from service. THIS IS ALL PART OF THE CORPORATE PROCESS, FOLKS... THEY DON'T ANSWER... OF COURSE THE AVERAGE CUSTOMER WILL TRY LATER... MEANWHILE, THE CALLS TO THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER CONTINUE TO RESULT IN TIME DEDUCTED FROM YOUR PHONE - AND YOU DON'T REACH A PERSON! So, when you think you're getting "2 for 1" are you really? They simply take it back "the corporate way" (another entire issue worthy of several volumes)
15) So far, have paid $76 cash plus driving, gas expense, wear and tear on car to resolve the matter, and no issues have been resolved - no communication whatsoever received from TracFone. Have paid money to TracFone and have received nothing in return for this money.
Have paid ~ have received no service for what have paid ~ have received no interest on behalf of TracFone to resolve the matter.
Multiply those messages being paid for and those "phone calls to customer service that go no where" times the number of people subscribing to TracFone (who don't bother to question it) and how much $$$$ are they earning from providing nothing? The math is absurd.
No surprises, eh? You're in control, eh?
Do you really think so?
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2009 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tracfone-Wireless-Inc/Miam-Florida-33122/Tracfone-Wireless-Inc-SafeLink-No-Bills-No-Contracts-NO-SURPRISES-YOURE-IN-CONTRO-519553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.