Complaint Review: Tracfone Wireless Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, April 01, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, April 01, 2011

• Reported By: Sarah — libby Montana USA
Tracfone Wireless Inc.
9700 NW 112th Avenue Miami,FL 33178 Miami, Florida United States of America

Tracfone Wireless Inc. Net10 The company REFUSES to REFUND MONEY DUE TO ADMITTING SYSTEM ERROR Miami, Florida

When adding minutes to my Net10 phone online January 31, 2011 it said it could not be processed.  On February 1st my automated banking said i had a lot less money than I should.  After getting a print out from my bank it showed 8 charges for minutes and 7 overdraft charges for each time they took the money out.  I called them immediately and was promised that all the funds would be returned to my account in 48 hrs.  The next day the charges for the minutes were returned to my bank but not for the overdraft charges.
I called them back 4-5 times as well as my bank representative always with the promise that the money would be back in my account--that the bank took out when my check was deposited on the 1st.  I got all the case numbers, transaction numbers name and ID numbers of each person that helped me.
Then today after 2 1/2 hours and i disconnect--I was told that I would not be getting my money back and my case was closed as of yesterday.  This came from the Corporate office--but had no name, signature, ID number of who made that decision.  From the beginning they said it was a system error and admitted it was their fault and was sent to corporate and all along reassuring that the funds would be returned.
How many other people has this happened too!!!!  All this for $189.00--then they offered to add that amount in minutes on my phone--What an insult!!!!
Please give me feedback on how to proceed with this issue!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2011 06:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tracfone-Wireless-Inc/Miami-Florida-33178/Tracfone-Wireless-Inc-Net10-The-company-REFUSES-to-REFUND-MONEY-DUE-TO-ADMITTING-SYSTEM-E-712833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tracfone Wireless Inc.