Complaint Review: Tracfone Wireless

• Submitted: Thu, January 26, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, January 26, 2006

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
Tracfone Wireless
8390 NW 25TH STREET Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Tracfone Wireless Phone sent back to warehouse August 2005 still waiting for new phone Miami Florida

I moved to a new state in August 2005. I was told that my old cell phone was not compatible with the new calling area and that I should send in the old phone. I was to receive the new phone on 5-10 days.

Well, it is January 2006 and I still don't have a phone. I have called Tracfone at least 10 times. Their customer call center has the worst reception you could imagine. It makes it very difficult to understand the person on the other line of the phone. I have talked to customer service representatives as well as supervisors. No one has been able to resolve this case.

Back in October the did try to send me the (wrong style) phone. Unfortunately, DHL never left me a note saying they tried to deliver and the phone was sent back to the warehouse. There have been no attempts since then to send me a phone.

My case has been "escalated" at least 6 times. E-mails have been sent to the warehouse by supervisors several times. Obviously the warehouse is not responding to them or getting them. I have been promised several times that my phone will be shipped in 3-5 business days. I was told two days ago that my phone would be overnighted. I did not receive it. I called again today and was told that the phone would be sent in 3-5 business days and I should call back if I don't get it by next Thursday.

Who's to say I should really believe them this time? They are very reluctant to compensate me for my time and aggravation. They tell me they will give me some extra units on my phone, but it is a measly offer. I have called at least 10 times and I am on the phone for a good half hour each time. The have had my phone 5 months - 150 days!! I have wasted hours of my life on the phone with them, waiting while they enter my info into some file on their computer (that no one ever reads apparently). They try telling me that neither the warehouse or corporate offices have a direct phone number.

I don't see what is so hard about shipping a phone!!

I want a prepaid phone b/c all I use it for is emergencies or really quick calls. I don't need to spend $40 a month for a cell phone plan. I am extremely unsatisfied with Tracfone's lack of service. No one I know would ever buy a Tracfone.

I am not saying the customer services reps or supervisors are mean or rude. But I do think someone higher up should take the responsibility for such poor service.

Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2006 05:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tracfone-Wireless/Miami-Florida/Tracfone-Wireless-Phone-sent-back-to-warehouse-August-2005-still-waiting-for-new-phone-Mia-173446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tracfone Wireless