Complaint Review: Tracfone

• Updated: Wed, June 20, 2007

• Reported By:Warrior Alabama
Tracfone
Miama, Florida U.S.A.

Tracfone Fraudulent Practices, refuses to honor their own contract Miami Florida

*UPDATE Employee: I agree........

My husband and I purchased a tracfone and had the auto pay double minute program added to his phone. The contract stated that we would be billed a monthly charge of $14.99 and it would automatically be debited from our checking account. In return for our money, every phone card that we bought and added to his phone would double its face value of minutes.

We bought a card and added it once a week and it never doubled automatically. I had to call them and have it added manually. This was a headache due tothe fact that my husband is a truck driver and is often not home so his phone was with him most of the time.

After several weeks of going head on with people I could barely understand, and having to repeat myself for each person that I talked to, I just got angry. I was told that their computer would no longer let them give me my minutes per their own contract. I didn't really understand why but I had to accept it for that time.

I eventually got someone to tell me that after a certain amount of time had passed I could call back and get my 404 minutes that the company still owed to me. I was told that I am not the only customer that this happening to. I had to get downright ugly, and threaten a lawsuit for breach of contract. I even cancelled their ability to debit my account another month.

We bought Boost mobile phones. We are happier with the service and we have cut our cost from $265.00 a month for just one phone to about $80.00 a month for two phones and we can talk to each other as much and as often as we like.

Tracfone still to this date has not given us the 404 minutes that they owe to us, but we still have two more weeks to wait before the time that they told us is up.

I just want other people using Tracfone service to know whats up. If they are having the same problems I would like to get in touch and maybe actually start a class action lawsuit. Tracfone needs to know that ripping people off is not good business.

Riley and Jay
Warrior, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2007 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tracfone/Miama-Florida/Tracfone-Fraudulent-Practices-refuses-to-honor-their-own-contract-Miami-Florida-249885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tracfone

I agree........

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

I am a RadioShack employee and I have to deal with customers who are looking for prepaid phones almost every day. Tracfones are extremely unreliable and I am actually at the point where I REFUSE to sell my customers Tracfones. Their activation systems are horrible, with cards that don't post to phones, and their customer support is the worst I have ever seen! That being said, I must inform you that the AutoPay service is not a contract, and therefore they can change the rules at any given time. The only thing I can recommend you to do is to file a chargeback with your card issuer, as this is definitely a case of "Services Not Being Provided". I wish you the best of luck, and also hope that Tracfone burns to the ground. ^_^