• Report: #219252

• Submitted: Mon, November 06, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, November 19, 2006

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
Tracfone
1020 NW 163rd Dr. Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Tracfone Fradulent and Deceptive Cell phone service Miami Florida

*Author of original report: Problem Solved-Tracfone Wireless

I too was scammed by Tracfone. They refused to help me anymore than the people are talking about on this website. I will tell you what I had to do, and it did result in a refund in full.

I filed a complaint with the FCC. I filed a complaint with the Florida Attorney Generals Office. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I called Action 8 On Your Side news in Tampa. I contacted the
Secretary Of State's Office in Florida and got the address and phone number of the Vice President of the company.

All of this can be accomplished on line. After my call to the Vice President, and all of the above offices contacted Tracfone, they were falling all over themselves to call me and help me resolve this in any
way they could. I received a full refund in less than a week.

DON"T GIVE UP. I hope this information will help all of you get your money back too.
Good Luck.

Here are the people I called, please print them to help other readers:

F.J. Pollak-President

Vice-President's name is Stephan Ritter

Tacfone's Corporate Offices:
1020 NW 163rd Dr.
Miami, FL 33169

Head of the refund department:
Monica
800-339-9345 ext 3214
or ext 6673

I did have confirmation that the following entities did intervene on my behalf. BBB, Atty General's Office, FCC, News Channel 8 in Tampa. I know this because as they helped me, Tracfone could not call me enough, and
could not have wanted more to get this settled. I did receive my refund in full. It took a lot of time, but it was the principal of it more than the money. Be persistent, even rude. Good Luck to everyone, and I hope
this does help you too.

A.C.L.
Orlando, Florida

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Tracfone

NOTICE!
_____________________________________________
---IMPORTANT File your Rip-off Report now---

FYI, Attorneys General nationwide, FTC, FBI, US Postal Inspectors, Homeland Security, US Justice Department and most other Authorities Including Government Authorities in more than a dozen other countries and Local & National News Media all view Rip-off Report,.. Well put YOU in contact with them if you want them to help further your cause, YOU make that choice when you sign into your Rip-off Report account.. It is important to file with the authorities, but, consumers and other authorities never get to see what consumers filed with any other agency not even the BBB! All they do is suck in your info and no one else gets to see it. That is why it is important to ALSO file with us here at Rip-off Report. Your filed Rip-off Report will more than likely be prominent on the search engines. Lawyers sue us all the time to remove them, but we NEVER do! All other independent consumer websites remove claims made by victims when they are sent a letter from the Reported businesses lawyers.. WE DO NOT.

Lawyers read Rip-off Report too, those attorneys interested in helping your situation or if a Class Action Lawsuit is being filed, Rip-off Report will contact YOU with their contact information. We dont give out your info!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2006 01:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tracfone/Miami-Florida-33169/Tracfone-Fradulent-and-Deceptive-Cell-phone-service-Miami-Florida-219252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tracfone

AUTHOR: JJ - (U.S.A.)

After talking to Tracfone Customer Service, which is located in various South Americans countries,and not getting any results I turned my aggravation to the state of Florida. I submitted complaints with the Florida state Attorney General's office, the Better Business Bureau of Southeast Florida, and the Florida Consumer Services Department. About three days later, my home phone answering machine was full of responses from an executive officer from Tracfone Wireless wanting to know how we can resolve this issue.

Well, needless to say, they sent me a new replacement phone for the defective phone that I ordered, next day air and they also activated the phone with a new number according to my postal zip code, and gave me 400 minutes of airtime free. If you have problems with Tracfone Wireless in Miami, Florida contact the same organizations that I did by submitting a complaint, but you do have to back up your complaints with email correspondence and receipts showing what you purchased from Tracfone Wireless, Inc.

hotels